Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread - 7 pm kick off.  (Read 3075 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread - 7 pm kick off.
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2022, 11:42:38 AM »
Must have recorded over the tape of last week’s game.

Didn't know there were there any videos of last weeks match

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2022, 11:48:56 AM »
Is it my memory or has Spink bulked up in all the right areas? He looks really strong and solid while maintaining his speed.

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2022, 11:55:04 AM »
Just watched the highlights, is it just me that didn’t like the way Spink “looked” for the contact on the Dragons 15 in the build up to the Crossdale try?

That’s the sort of hit that can take you out the game as much as them. Once the 15 was set like that Spink could have run round him. I know I’m picking fault in a great try, but you don’t need to smash in to players when you have the ball, they’re meant to stop you. Players will get injured enough over the season without adding to the risk unnecessarily.

Good win though, looking forward to the season.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2022, 05:54:11 PM »
Just watched the highlights, is it just me that didn’t like the way Spink “looked” for the contact on the Dragons 15 in the build up to the Crossdale try?

That’s the sort of hit that can take you out the game as much as them. Once the 15 was set like that Spink could have run round him. I know I’m picking fault in a great try, but you don’t need to smash in to players when you have the ball, they’re meant to stop you. Players will get injured enough over the season without adding to the risk unnecessarily.

Don't think Spink could have stepped to the outside at that point, stepping further in would have had the 15 around his legs without issue. 15 was set slightly too low, allowing spink to hit him down as he did. Think it was the right choice myself.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2022, 07:12:46 PM »

Don't think Spink could have stepped to the outside at that point, stepping further in would have had the 15 around his legs without issue. 15 was set slightly too low, allowing spink to hit him down as he did. Think it was the right choice myself.

+1

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2022, 08:51:05 AM »
+1 from me too.

Thought that once the contact situation was inevitable the way he won the collision was good. No passivity in contact, set up quick ball, try time.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2022, 09:45:17 AM »
There's no harm in having a reputation for running into/over people. Especially if he can also step when needs be.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2022, 09:46:50 AM »
Maori sidestep is not for just Maoris ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!