Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Thread  (Read 5249 times)

bournender2

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2022, 05:25:53 PM »
Has anyone else got sync problems with BT?

Been having it for last 24 hours. :(
Turn your box off for a couple of minutes.

Bt box or router?
Do you mean off as in taking power plug out?

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2022, 05:28:11 PM »

Bt box or router?
Do you mean off as in taking power plug out?
kind of, pull the lead out it should reboot it mine went funny last night.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2022, 05:29:23 PM »
I'm sick and tired of wasps capitulating in the 2nd half, both wingers have done nothing in the game, maybe not their fault, but this just go's on and on, season after season, nothings changed, 21 0 at half time, think the last season, I must be mad to support Wasps but I can't help it.

I share your frustration, how we mentally go in and out of games, and how we fall apart for extended parts of the game has been a constant over the last year or so. It cannot continue. This shows how wonderfully complex our game is that you have to have mastery of individual performance, team unity, physical presence, skills and absolute physical control. If this team wants to be winners they are going to have to face their shortcomings and admit their weaknesses. If we dont we are lost.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2022, 05:33:36 PM »
So Glaws offside does seem to count....

https://twitter.com/davids_voyage/status/1568994460671053824?t=HhQfg3urEzYgrsGfVhTbBw&s=19

Three phases in a row where the Gloucester player with leggings was never onside. All of this prevented an Atkinson miss pass out wife. Astonishing it wasn't picked up on once.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2022, 05:44:22 PM »
I think Ryan Mills' offside was not as obvious or as bad as these. I have a feeling that Woodthorpe can get a bit over excited at times and misses things. But he does have a TMO and 2 ARs.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2022, 05:48:58 PM »

Tried that a couple of times.  It was only just out and didn’t affect commentary.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2022, 10:02:05 AM »
I think Ryan Mills' offside was not as obvious or as bad as these. I have a feeling that Woodthorpe can get a bit over excited at times and misses things. But he does have a TMO and 2 ARs.

I think Woodthorpe (or maybe his assistant in front of the Shed?) did allow himself to be influenced by the crowd.  None of the calls against us were out and out wrong, but as often happens, a switch in momentum, especially with a vocal home support suddenly making themselves heard, the ref gets swept along with it and all those marginal calls start going against you.

The crooked, short line out by Frost in front of the Shed a classic example.  Not disputing it was a bit skewed, but I've seen worse let go.  The TJ only called it when prompted by the mob behind him.  Can only imagine he was getting similarly impartial advice regarding off side.  In the final few minutes when Wasps were pushing for the try Glaws were consistently off side, but not given.  Presumably the Shed by then a bit less forthcoming with advice!