Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Injury Update -Matteo Minozzi and Brad Shields  (Read 1856 times)

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Injury Update -Matteo Minozzi and Brad Shields
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2022, 05:36:15 PM »
I thought Spink played v well against Dragons.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2022, 05:56:57 PM »

I've not seen enough of Spink to have a real opinion, but if Odendaal is going to be running some of the lines he did at the weekend and make breaks through the opposition defence, then one of the key things I'd want from the 13 is to be in support.

It's something that I feel Fraser Waters was the best in the world at.
Any time Abbott or others made a break, they knew Waters would be on their shoulder when they needed him

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2022, 06:30:08 PM »
Shugs growing nicely doing what? I really don't mind Spink he has been relatively solid but I like my 13 to be a great attacking threat, bursting through the gain line making well timed runs. I'm just not seeing that from him in the last few games, he has been fairly quiet.

He is only young and I'm sure will improve but I'm sorry i can't remember the last game where I thought he was one of our top 5 players. I'm only going on what Paolo did before his injury, where he was a real threat, he may play and have a stinker. Spink needs to start improving or I can see him losing his place.
Time to look past Paolo's purple patch...it isn't a constant. He's was average before and has been average since...he isn't even a starting winger, which is his better position. He offers very little at 13 and is a defensive liability.
Spink at the end of last season was playing better than any other 13 candidate..one ball fumble in one game doesn't mean anything.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2022, 09:11:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPGHmIJSG8

10 seconds into this real.

That is impressive for a 13.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2022, 07:36:25 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgPGHmIJSG8

10 seconds into this real.

That is impressive for a 13.

Thanks for posting, really enjoyed it 🐝

A good prelude to cheering on the guys tomorrow 💥

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2022, 09:46:46 AM »
For me Spink hasn't done much wrong since he's been getting a run in the side. he's the future and needs persevering with.
Odogwu at 13 was much anticipated on here, but ultimately he hasn't looked anywhere near as effective there as on the wing. But like all Wasps wingers, its hard to tell as none of them have had much service lately!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2022, 10:30:09 AM »
Since that initial burst at 13 that led to his England involvement I’m not sure Odogwu has actually played there much since has he?

Around his injury he was playing on the right wing because Spink was staying injury free and looking solid and Spink, to his credit, hasn’t lost the shirt since