Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all!  (Read 876 times)

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all!
« on: September 17, 2022, 06:43:22 AM »
Morning all Waspies from a cool and calm Surrey hills! This is our first home game since the wife and I moved into our new house. But the pre match ritual of coffee and hound walking remains. The new seasons shirt is ready to be adorned and I simply cannot wait to see the lads run out in the black and gold at our stadium for the first home fixture of the new season.

Last weeks Jekyll and Hyde performance has made me nervous. We have a good squad that is growing in strength and depth, and it pleases me hugely that we are focusing on our academy and players are starting to come through. I truly believe long term success can only be achieved through a strong academy. But when we have a team that can throw away leads of over 20 points, go off the boil and lose structure and discipline then we know that is not a team that can achieve a Champions cup position let alone push for play offs a silverware.

Lee and the coaches have a lot to do, and the team a lot to prove. We need to start finding consistency in performance, keep our structure and discipline when momentum is against us and importantly convert leads into wins. For me this first half of the season is developing that, and try to push on for the second half from there. This is a battle of the mind as well as the body for our boys. Today against Briz is the start of this, a team themselves with high ambitions who will pose a huge threat.

It will be close, and even if we go out to a 30 point lead (unlikely) I will not feel comfortable. But the team has the ability to be better than it is.

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!  :)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2022, 07:21:12 AM »
Morning Chris and all

Very beautiful morning here with no clouds visible. Off to take the dog for a long walk before setting off late morning.

Interesting match this which will show which way we are going. First half last week or, god forbid, second half doldrums will be the guide. Praying for the former. Bristol need to be controlled because they have some very good players today.

It will be interesting to see how everything works at the CBSA with the re-opened South entrance and the shop.

Safe travels to all going (at least the rail strike was postponed).

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2022, 07:42:24 AM »
Good morning Chris. Good morning all. First home game of the season. Let's have a good one. Should be lots of running rugby. Will be interesting to see how Porter copes with starting in front of Dobby. Will have to watch Randall like a hawk. Suppress his tap and goes. Make life as difficult as possible. Never let him settle and believe he has an edge. It won't do Will's confidence much good if Lee has to hook him early. We really need a full team effort. We don't want our talented players getting in a flap. Hope the pitch holds up. Good luck all.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 07:52:50 AM »
Morning all,

It's the usual day of being Dad's taxi today, but will be following the game anyway.

Not feeling much confidence about it, but very much hoping I'm wrong.

#COYW
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 08:00:53 AM »
Morning All. Blue skies above, slightly chilly. Bleary eyed having just woken up, after my usual (almost every) night's sleep disturbed by multiple nightmares and broken sleep. No dog to walk, and the cats would probably slash me to bits if I tried to put leads on them. Besides, my dodgy sciatica affected left leg is still playing me up since a major episode 6 months ago. Getting old is no fun.

Will we take it? I think we will. The lads have a point to prove.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 08:47:45 AM »
Morning all,
Beautiful early autumnal morning in our city.
Two strong squads but I believe our back row and strong bench gives us the edge.
Bristol will be stronger this season but I’m sure we have the hunger and passion to win today. Don’t see us giving away any lead today.
Can’t wait and we will see you there.
COYW.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2022, 08:50:27 AM »
Morning all from a cold S Glos. I'm off on a week's holidays (in N Devon) today so will have to catch up with the game later on. I do think we'll win this one but we really do need to be able to put our foot on the ball.

So - bag to pack - I made cake to take. The car passed its MoT on Thursday and I've doubled its value by filling with fuel...Dog to walk and coffee and bacon sarnies to sort before leaving after lunch.

Safe journeys to those going today - hopefully see you all back online later on if the rental wireless works as described!

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2022, 09:12:55 AM »
The car passed its MoT on Thursday and I've doubled its value by filling with fuel

LOL. Have a good holiday Mike.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 09:27:18 AM »
The car passed its MoT on Thursday and I've doubled its value by filling with fuel

LOL. Have a good holiday Mike.
Thank you! I like the area - first went in the '60's....hoping the M5 is kind!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 09:46:31 AM »
Morning all. Couple of hours away from setting off to the CBS - will be great to get back there. Confident we’ll win.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2022, 10:45:34 AM »
Morning everyone, having to work again on Saturday and will be trying my best to get home before KO. I agree with a lot of Wombles comments, I think we have a decent squad, if we play the right players in the right places, I am a little disappointed with the first 15 selection as that selection has now made me a little nervous.

I just hope Lee hasn't made a mistake and we've lost the game in the first half, It's going to be a tight game but we must get a first home game win

ardenwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2022, 11:12:27 AM »
So excited, as is the boy. On our way in a bit.

Has anyone seen a link to the digital programme for the game? Usually posted in the offy news section but nothing there that I can see.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2022, 12:57:11 PM »
So excited, as is the boy. On our way in a bit.

Has anyone seen a link to the digital programme for the game? Usually posted in the offy news section but nothing there that I can see.

Just been posted on twitter

https://www.zeeon.co.uk/gamehubplus/wasps-v-bristol-bears

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2022, 02:23:27 PM »
Afternoon all. Had a busy morning stewarding at our Med Centre 1st flu jab clinic this time around.

We can win. Will we win - that is an imponderable. I'll take 3-0 wasps at 17.00 this afternoon.

#COYW