Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Post Match Thoughts  (Read 2992 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Post Match Thoughts
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2022, 06:29:01 PM »
Hopwood. You and the boards other resident apologists have been saying the same thing for 2 seasons now..
Noting unexpected here, a standard Wasps rugby match. Substandard, no guile, no rugby IQ, no anything
Two things I'm really glad of, Bristol having so much unavailable talent and the training dedicate to our core skills over the close season.
Next,  4 pages of positives to take away...

A lot of the time your posts make sense but you just can't resist the personal digs and sneers at other posters. Every time. You really ought to pull your neck in. No wonder nobody likes you.
What personal dig Ross..please elaborate? I  don't see one...which is ironic because that's exactly what you have done.
Or better still, demote yourself as the social police and offer some rugby insight.

If you don't understand what I mean then you will never change. I suggest you read your final sentence again. Once again you manage to slip in a sly personal dig. As I said. Every time.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2022, 06:34:59 PM »
Our inexperienced coaching team might be getting a little found out here now.

Bingo.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2022, 06:35:32 PM »
Ross, Hymenoptera, you both need to drop the personally tagetted comments please.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2022, 06:42:48 PM »
That was bloody awful. It appears, irrespective of personnel, we're carrying on where we left off last season. I think we need a new head coach. And I really wanted Lee to succeed (as in get us to top 4).

Covkid40

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2022, 06:50:29 PM »
That was bloody awful. It appears, irrespective of personnel, we're carrying on where we left off last season. I think we need a new head coach. And I really wanted Lee to succeed (as in get us to top 4).
+1  when he took over it was a weird time for everyone with Covid-19 and I don’t think anyone can really be judged on that season. He’s had two full seasons and this team is completely his and has been for some time yet on today’s performance we’ve gone backwards. Only question is who is out there that is better and will come

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2022, 06:54:27 PM »
Only question is who is out there that is better and will come

Absolutely no idea.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2022, 07:06:47 PM »
A decision like that we be months away but it is likely to happen.

I just can’t see who we can beat, next week will really see where we are, bath are poor with no confidence, lose that then it’s going to take some amazing effort to stop us finishing in the bottom 2

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2022, 07:12:37 PM »
A decision like that we be months away but it is likely to happen.

I just can’t see who we can beat, next week will really see where we are, bath are poor with no confidence, lose that then it’s going to take some amazing effort to stop us finishing in the bottom 2

If we hadn't kept dropping the ball then I am pretty sure we'd have won the game with some ease. The stats say we turned the ball over 18 times. Seemed like more to me. I really don't know what is the answer to our handling errors.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2022, 07:18:07 PM »
Rossm but we do keep dropping the ball, every week for 2 years
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 07:26:44 PM by Westy68 »

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2022, 07:20:32 PM »
Just back. I don’t think there is any getting away from the fact that that was awful. Mistake after mistake after mistake. We still look ok in the forwards but our backs are just not doing it. Some definite take aways. Willis T must play 8. Robson must start. Carr needs to be in every 23. Kibirige??? What’s happened? I was actually appalled by his performance. Disinterest, apathy, lethargy. Also, it may be heresy but Launchbury adding nothing and I have no idea why Cardall replaced McDonald. I’ve defended Blackett but we’ve got to the point where we are churning out horrendous stuff on a regular basis. The new signings McDonald, Ryan and Odendaal looked great - maybe that says it all.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2022, 07:23:38 PM »
Rossm but we do keep dropping ball, every week for 2 years

Use marmalade on the hands. Stickiest substance known to man ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2022, 07:28:57 PM »
Rossm but we do keep dropping ball, every week for 2 years

Use marmalade on the hands. Stickiest substance known to man ;)

We got to do something, as I do agree we would win a lot more games
« Last Edit: September 17, 2022, 07:58:35 PM by Westy68 »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2022, 08:24:22 PM »
Playing Paddington might help.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2022, 08:28:54 PM »
Something else that rankled- the number of long injury breaks Bristol had. Whenever we won a scrum down somebody went. And they stayed down with their "medics" and generally bounced back up.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2022, 10:52:24 PM »
My thoughts:

Alfie should not be our starting 8, in fact I don't think he should be a starter. He is much better as an impact player. Tom or Nizzam should be our normal starting 8.

Some of Porters kicks from hand were woeful - I was hoping that starting him and then bringing on Dan would steady what happened last week. There is no doubt that Dan made a difference for the better. Should we be using Dan and Hougard?

Handling - we missed at least 4 tries because we can't keep hold of the ball when tackled (primarily Alfie). Basic stuff that needs addressing.

Our scrum was more stable in the second half when the props were replaced.

Finally:
We were more consistent - last week we had a very good first half and a very bad second half. This week we were bad for both halves.