Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1215 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: September 23, 2022, 05:37:44 AM »
Morning one and all.

What a worrying week for the boys. We have to hope they can put everything to one side and follow the youngsters to a win. Bath under new management are a bit unknown at this early stage so we have a chance. Our team selection looks sound so we have some hope that we can click as we should. If we can't get anything from this we could be propping everyone else up by the end of the weekend. 

Safe travels to anyone going. Hope the weather is kind to anyone sitting in the open.

COYW

Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2022, 06:52:40 AM »
Morning all. This is definitely a must win. I'm sure the boys will put everything into beating Bath, but this will be an important game for them too. Such a pity that we're getting affected by injuries already - though Alfie's hamstring may be a blessing in disguise (sorry mate) and Ali's groin puts Jacob in the spotlight. I'm happy with the backrow with Tom at 8 and Nemo starting but worried for Jacob starting at 15. What will be, will be. Looking forward to it as usual. Let's see a 5 pointer from us. Everyone needs a lift.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2022, 07:21:13 AM »
Morning all from the Surrey countryside! Friday night games mean a day of work replaces my pre match ritual. Full to the rafters clinics awaits me with all of us at the surgery wondering how we manage the amount of patients to be seen. But at least we have coffee and the game!

I have to admit to not being overtly excited at all after this weeks news. The ongoing uncertainty with occasional comments from the club were frustrating, and now we sit on the verge of administration. It is time for the owners to put up or shut up and the clock is literally ticking. However what is happening to us and Worcester is simply a visible symptom of what is happening to rugby in England in general.
I will watch tonight’s game, I will cheer on the boys, but until we know exactly what is happening at our club this is a muted day of emotion for me.

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2022, 07:23:41 AM »
Good morning, and good day everyone.  Completely agree with everything Neils and Ross said so no need to repeat it.  We got well rained on here last night and it's plain to see that the plants are all grateful.  Can't get to the match due to late timing  (?another reason for low supporter numbers?)  but will watch it on tv and it will take precedence over Strictly and even Ghosts.  I hope our boys do really well and get themselves a win -   they looked so down at the weekend, especially Joe.  They deserve a win.  Praying for a turnround in our fortunes and a win on euromillions.  Safe journeys everyone, and stay dry.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2022, 07:37:40 AM »
Morning All. Damp morning but clearing skies already. A chilly Autumnal morning. Lose this, and for me the season holds little hope for us.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2022, 07:51:18 AM »
Morning everyone, very difficult call on this game. I would say on paper we have the better team and I always think the players try very hard.

Mentally not sure how the guys will be, confidence is low and worries about the club are likely to effect the players. So I still expect a few dropped balls tonight.

A win would be nice for the lads and us. Let’s hope we have a bit of luck

MarleyWasp

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2022, 08:11:14 AM »
Morning All from Hertfordshire.

Today already feels like it's make or break time for our season. Lose and I fear we'll be scrapping with Newcastle and Worcester to not finish last. Win and we can target top 8.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2022, 08:27:40 AM »
Morning from a bright Bideford, I agree with others, this is a really important game and we need to win this to get the season off to a start....

Safe travels to those going - following via BB tonight as on hols - I'd really like a win as my neighbour at home is a Bath fan and literally puts the flags out when they win....I'm sure that we can win and hope the senior players can provide the strategy necessary such that we play like more than the sum of the parts. Mustn't let Bath any leeway, they have the tools on a good day to score, lots.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2022, 08:37:08 AM »
Morning all.
I think emotionally the players will feel it tonight. Is this the last rites or are things actually afoot?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2022, 08:44:28 AM »
Surely play and scores will improve once we get Brad and Stooke back, to name but 2.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2022, 09:09:46 AM »
Morning all.

Bright and cold here in Leicestershire!

Both us and Bath have played two and lost two. That changes tonight - here's hoping it's in our favour!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2022, 09:24:05 AM »
Morning all from a very autumnal valley in the south east of the Black Forest. We’re just having a break while my wife does a painting. 

I’m a bit cross as this is one of the few games I can easily get to and there’s a motorhome site within walking distance. I had planned to be on this trip late August so I’d be back for the season but my wife changed her mind so I had to move the dares.

No matter what reassuring words were given yesterday the talk will have been about nothing other than what’s happening. I just hope it clicks out on the pitch and those passes stick and we come away with a moral boosting 5 points earned the Wasps way. 

Safe travels everyone.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2022, 09:29:49 AM »
Morning all!

Friday night is usually a long training session for me, butbwith a stinking cold I'm probably going to give it a miss. So I'll be following online.

I realise Bath have also been poor so far, but I have no confidence that we have theental fortitude to grind out a win against a team who are also underperforming.

My prediction is that we'll come away with a losing bonus point and people will try to spin that as a reasonable result.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2022, 09:39:37 AM »
Current odds on skybet have Bath slight favourites at 4/6 on. We are 11/10 against. Must be mainly down to home field advantage as we've both played 2 lost 2.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2022, 09:55:50 AM »
Morning all. Was actually thinking of going to this one at beginning of week (some tickets were available under cover) but with what has been happening decided if I’m going to spend money it’s better to benefit Wasps.

Hopefully, whatever has been said at meeting will give players assurance or at least a kick up the backside that they need to perform to get bigger crowds at home to help pay their wages. At very least they should be be showcasing their talents for possible future employers.