Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps must 'find £2 million in 20 days' to avoid administration.  (Read 2030 times)

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps must 'find £2 million in 20 days' to avoid administration.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2022, 05:26:04 PM »
I had a dream last night that the fella taking on Land Rover with his Grenadier bought the club just to stick 2 fingers up to JLR.
I have to stop eating cheese late at night.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2022, 05:41:18 PM »
Look I know it didn’t end well (pitch gate) but having the Commonwealth Games 7’s running was a great idea as a Summer income generator.

We clearly need more events in the CBSA, alongside the rugby and footie.

I’m sure without COVID things would not hv been as bad.
With CCFC now playing there the closed season is even shorter and with what happened after the Commonwealth Games they can’t risk a concert too close the the soccer season starting. It’s a very narrow window for concerts now.

Hopefully the guaranteed income from CCFC more than offsets any windfalls from concerts.

Well here you go, ‘hot off the press’, Arctic Monkeys are playing in 2023.

https://www.coventrybuildingsocietyarena.co.uk/live-music/arctic-monkeys-at-the-arena-in-may-2023/

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2022, 05:48:14 PM »
Look I know it didn’t end well (pitch gate) but having the Commonwealth Games 7’s running was a great idea as a Summer income generator.

With CCFC now playing there the closed season is even shorter and with what happened after the Commonwealth Games they can’t risk a concert too close the the soccer season starting. It’s a very narrow window for concerts now.

Hopefully the guaranteed income from CCFC more than offsets any windfalls from concerts.

https://www.coventrybuildingsocietyarena.co.uk/live-music/arctic-monkeys-at-the-arena-in-may-2023/
I'm there The Hives are supporting.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2022, 07:26:31 PM »

CCFCs last home game 29 April first home game likely to be around end July so 31 May is perfect.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2022, 07:31:31 PM »
Harry Styles' 2 gigs are May 22nd, May 23rd.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!