Always a Wasp

Author Topic: LBND in the Times this morning  (Read 6566 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: LBND in the Times this morning
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2022, 09:27:32 PM »
All our postmen are Glaws or Barf, but nice for all that.  I always liked Wuss and loath Sarries/Execeter(80 per cent orful supporters)/Bristle. Left with Ealing, Cornish Pasties, Nots and Scarlets.  But nothing comes close to Wasps. 

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2022, 09:43:58 PM »
Lawrence on BT Sport tonight, nothing new and carefully worded.

https://twitter.com/btsportrugby/status/1575913875291226118?t=PIuZoXhQdC6tklCoSDAPMA&s=19

It was interesting to hear. He almost hinted there could be different owners for the entities that currently fall under the Wasps Holdings umbrella. It would already seem that Christopher Holland 'owns' the training facility. The Rugby business being stand alone and having a lease from a 'new' stadium owner?????

Food for thought?

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2022, 11:32:52 AM »
I was also concerned about the comments, it sounds like it is far from definite that we will not go into administration, getting nervous.   

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2022, 01:32:42 PM »
Is the  whole complex being parcelled up and sold off in bits  -  with Conditions? 

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2022, 05:04:01 PM »

I'd certainly become a neutral anti-Saracens fan.

While I'm happy to hear someone else believes that we'll be ok, I believe we're down to 5 days now
That feels like cutting it fine
I'd also go back to just being a rugby fan. I stopped watching Sarries before the salary cap scandal and from what I occasionally see and here they still aren't pleasant to watch even though they play good rugby.

And well done Tom Fowley for clamping down on all that back slapping and celebrating opponents' mistakes in the first few minutes of today's game. That sort of behaviour put me off soccer.

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2022, 10:27:47 PM »
I wonder if you can get anti-saracens season tickets... ;)

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2022, 09:53:06 AM »
Interesting discussion evolving on here. Living close to HW, Oirish and Queens are almost equidistant, followed by the Cheats.

I would not fancy getting to either of those and Cheats is a definite no-no.

I would probably go back to watching my local junior side playing in Souther Counties.

Wasps will be OK.

£2M for the taxman is chicken feed for several of the people involved at the top. Hopefully the current financial chaos will not screw up the refinancing.

Then why hasn't it been repaid?

Lol should get a job as the Chancellor's spin doctor. That was an impressive way to say "we're still going but we're very nearly completely fucked."

There's no way Prem Rugby/the RFU will buy the Covid excuse this long after all restrictions are lifted etc, and our finances being so poor for so long before and after.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 09:55:25 AM by Peej »