Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Two Wasps in Telegraph's Team of the Week  (Read 1406 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Two Wasps in Telegraph's Team of the Week
« on: September 26, 2022, 08:53:42 AM »
12. Burger Odendaal (Wasps)
There are a number of clever signings in this side and Odendaal is proving to be a fine addition for Wasps. He suffered a couple of defensive lapses at The Rec but was integral to a fantastic win.

6. Nizaam Carr (Wasps)

Any of Wasps’ back-row trio could have been picked here because the Willis brothers were brilliant, too. Carr edges out George Martin for this spot thanks to some dynamic carrying that Bath found difficult to contain.

Nice to see both of them get recognition. Well deserved.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Two Wasps in Telegraph's Team of the Week
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 09:38:45 AM »
Burger is a brilliant addition, and Nemo has never let us down, he's always good and I'm really pleased to see him getting some recognition of that.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 09:42:11 AM »
If I remember correctly, Odendaal was described prior to his arrival by a poster on here as a "bang average saffa"...

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2022, 09:58:53 AM »
If I remember correctly, Odendaal was described prior to his arrival by a poster on here as a "bang average saffa"...

I recall that post.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2022, 10:38:15 AM »
He has made a difference, would like him just to tighten up on his defense. But overall a very good signing

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2022, 10:41:18 AM »
His defence was good the first two games. I hope Friday was more a dip than the norm.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 11:12:46 AM »
Only really remember the one error, which was getting stepped by JJ's dancing feet for the try.

Which, to be fair, a lot of people have been done by JJ like that!

Am I mis-remembering any other errors? The offload for the Porter try was sublime.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2022, 11:20:05 AM »
He has stepped out of the line a few times and got done but its very early stages, he will get better

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2022, 11:33:47 AM »
I thought Spink was more vulnerable defensively. That's somewhere I would think about making a change.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2022, 11:54:12 AM »
I thought Spink was more vulnerable defensively. That's somewhere I would think about making a change.

Funny how the same fans can have differing opinions.  I thought that after a dodgy game vs Bristol that Spink looked much better against Bath.  Odogwu was travelling reserve, so suspect we'll see him in the mix vs Saints.  I'm also keen to see more of Mehson, but guessing he'll have the Premiership Cup match with a rest weekend following it to put a hand up for selection.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2022, 03:10:53 PM »

I recall that post.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves, he had an ok game, a decent offload mixed with a couple of defensive lapses. Being in someone's TOTW doesn't mean you need to get you're T-shirts printed yet boys, he didn't make the last two TOTW's...
You clearly haven't watched any of his final season in SA hence your hollow sarcasm..had you bothered, you'll understand my comment as he was actually 'Bang Average' and wasn't even a starter on occasions..or maybe you wouldn't, rugby IQ varies.
I hope he has a storming career at Wasps and as I have already, I'll continue to judge with my eye's.
I thought Spink was actually the better of the centers, after a terrible game last week.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 03:30:59 PM by Hymenoptera »

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2022, 03:32:23 PM »

Funny how the same fans can have differing opinions.  I thought that after a dodgy game vs Bristol that Spink looked much better against Bath.  Odogwu was travelling reserve, so suspect we'll see him in the mix vs Saints.  I'm also keen to see more of Mehson, but guessing he'll have the Premiership Cup match with a rest weekend following it to put a hand up for selection.
Mehson only made the bench for the cup..he must be terrible in training because I have liked what I have briefly seen.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2022, 03:45:44 PM »
Spink has been a bit disappointing, he did play better against bath but I'm still not 100% convinced. He needs to play better and more consistently. I also agree he has sometimes allowed a player to come through his channel a little to easy. It will be a interesting call against Saints if Paolo plays well tomorrow.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2022, 03:51:06 PM »
I think where Odogwu starts if he’s available has been decided by Kibirige’s form. He has to start on the wing. Spink’s doing fine for me. Another factor in keeping him at 13 is that we’ve been really short of a cohesive centre partnership recently. Now we have one I don’t think we should split it up.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2022, 04:42:52 PM »
Personally think we have some very good youngsters coming through that are like to take the place of Kibirige and Paolo doesn't play great on the wing. If Paolo can get himself into the squad it is 13 or bench