Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 3399 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: October 02, 2022, 07:28:46 AM »
No apparent Wasps bashing (still to read it all)

Wasps apparently after George McGuigan from Newcastle - strange one methinks.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 08:02:37 AM »
No apparent Wasps bashing (still to read it all)

The hooker? Must mean Tom Cruse is leaving or in contract talks.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 09:18:09 AM »

He certainly scores a lot of tries.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
Also looking at Radwan (obviously take these rumours with a huge piece of salt given its reporter), but that definitely would be quite a boon!

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 09:59:50 AM »
Wouldn’t mind both of those players, both would improve our squad

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 10:59:10 AM »
Also looking at Radwan (obviously take these rumours with a huge piece of salt given its reporter), but that definitely would be quite a boon!

Felt that Radwan was the one to sign when we got Kibirige, but he had a few injuries back then when arriving on the scene.

McGuigan is class, just not sure why he didn’t make it at Leicester, probably with him Frost and Gabe and Thunder coming through I think that’s too much class on the books. Keeping Cruse on would probably be better value for money and a better way to keep all parties happy.

Until we have sorted finances however, surely no one at all will be looking at us.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 11:23:43 AM »
Until we have sorted finances however, surely no one at all will be looking at us.

It sounds mighty positive to me, because I’m an Optimist who can see a silver lining in most situations 😁 ……

So if I was the rich new (billionaire?) backer who is going to be financing the club et al, I would be asking who we need to sign to stand a good chance of winning the Premiership and the Euro Cup?

Onwards 🐝

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 11:38:09 AM »

It sounds mighty positive to me, because I’m an Optimist who can see a silver lining in most situations 😁 ……

So if I was the rich new (billionaire?) backer who is going to be financing the club et al, I would be asking who we need to sign to stand a good chance of winning the Premiership and the Euro Cup?

Onwards 🐝

Unfortunately this may be why this won’t happen

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-11270539/Why-English-billionaire-buying-French-rugby-Brive-secure-major-investment-Osborne.html

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2022, 12:32:45 PM »

Onwards 🐝

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-11270539/Why-English-billionaire-buying-French-rugby-Brive-secure-major-investment-Osborne.html

Not necessarily. It depends on where the cap goes next, and that is upwards. The more of the Prem clubs that gain richer owners, the balance to accepting higher caps will shift. I am hoping that squad numbers will increase as well, allowing better rotation and rest periods.

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2022, 12:51:07 PM »

Onwards 🐝

Ah see what you mean.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2022, 01:01:04 PM »
Apart from his try scoring I like McGuigans abrasiveness. Long way to go before this happens but if nothing else a forward looking press piece is a welcome distraction.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2022, 01:03:39 PM »

If we missed out on Wade as rumoured, this is the only realistic option I'd be happy with getting. He's the most dangerous winger in the prem, if not an all-rounder. The most exciting winger to sign imo.

Also who's the source?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 01:05:18 PM by HDAWG »

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2022, 01:14:41 PM »
I'd be happy with getting. He's the most dangerous winger in the prem, if not an all-rounder. The most exciting winger to sign imo.

He'd be great - he also features in my "wasted by England XV" and will have something to prove (not to me obs... :D )

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2022, 01:29:45 PM »
Definitely wasted by England for now.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2022, 01:36:09 PM »
Definitely wasted by England for now.
Yeah - like Tom W, will likely feature post RWC with a new coach? Along with Thorley, Lawrence, Malins, and lots of others!

Radwan has recorded a 10:7 100m time which is quite something.....

Tom W is equal top "metres in contact" this season with 71m. Third place is around 50m.....which given he's not in the squad means metres in contact seems not rated??
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 02:07:20 PM by mike909 »