Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Question on Euro Matches  (Read 558 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Question on Euro Matches
« on: October 07, 2022, 09:24:50 AM »
Is there anyone else who will take a chance (or hedge their bets) if the Euro fixtures come out before a Wasps ongoing decision is made? That is spend money on flights and accommodation for a weekend break potentially without rugby.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Euro Matches
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2022, 09:52:36 AM »
Was swerving the bayonne trip anyway ,as seemed too complicated with travel . Plus as it’s a week before Xmas , accommodation may be hard to get / expensive as being close to Pyrenees.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2022, 09:59:32 AM »
Was swerving the bayonne trip anyway ,as seemed too complicated with travel . Plus as it’s a week before Xmas , accommodation may be hard to get / expensive as being close to Pyrenees.

Always look forward to the away Christmas matches in France- usually great Christmas markets. Bayonne is easy from Bordeaux.
Let me tell you something cucumber

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2022, 10:08:19 AM »

Always look forward to the away Christmas matches in France- usually great Christmas markets. Bayonne is easy from Bordeaux.

Would probably have done it if they had already announced fixture date and time earlier , but not knowing for definite which day to centre round put me off. Who knows, when it’s sorted, might work out easy.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2022, 10:15:09 AM »
So many unknowns. I'd be surprised if the fixtures are confirmed this week now.

Big question is what happens to Worcester's spot. Do Lions and Benetton get two five point, 28-0 wins credited to them, or does a sixth South African side replace them. Logistics wise, this isn't as undoable as it sounds. Worcester were due to host the Lions on the first weekend. If a South African side replaced them and the match was played in SA, then it would save the Lions travelling to Europe for one match (they're at home the weekend before and the weekend after). Cheetahs are playing their European home games in Parma, so I'm sure Benetton would prefer an away game in Italy to travelling to Worcester.