Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all  (Read 2277 times)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning all
« on: October 09, 2022, 01:17:11 AM »
Too early for morning all, but  with uncertainty everywhere and pessimism abounding, why not start the thread now? Legally morning, I bid you bore da, and hope it is not for the last time.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2022, 07:34:10 AM »
Too early for morning all, but  with uncertainty everywhere and pessimism abounding, why not start the thread now? Legally morning, I bid you bore da, and hope it is not for the last time.

Morning WWW.

Not sure how Ifeel about this one. And not sure we'll come away with anything.

Hope we don't see any injuries to the lads.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2022, 07:35:19 AM »
Morning. I was watching the Womens RWC on TV. Chilly, but a lovely day for rugby.

RP

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2022, 07:35:55 AM »
Morning, feels a strange one, sombre mood in this household, hoping this is not our last ever home game.  That said the voice is good so let’s try and make as much noise as possible for the boys.
Ritchie, your bike cost how much? And it doesn't even come with pedals?

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 07:47:18 AM »
Bora da to everyone and I hope too that this is not the last call. The weather looks to be kind and I hope the ref and his minions will be the same (esp. those who normally aren't).  I'm not convinced about a win as their blokes are  rather large, but ours are rather nippier and - let's face it - have a lot more at stake.  The 3 of us will be there but g/son is now in full time work which is farming which is 12 days on and 2 days off.  Stock can  be very demanding.  But he loves it and he's got a job.  I hope I will be able to repeat many times more the mantra Safe Journeys to everyone plus Good luck and stay safe to the Team;  you are the very best.  And C O Y W ........................

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 07:50:36 AM »
Morning all from a bright fresh Essex, just watching last of Scot vWales women. Will be setting off just before noon. Hoping for an entertaining win, with not to many handling errors. And actually hear a clear announcement over the tannoy that new money has been found. We can all dream.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2022, 08:05:32 AM »
Morning all.

Really beautiful morning here on possibly the last journey to Coventry. If we are to go down the swanny lets hope the lads make it a memorable one. Strong team against a smarting Saints.

I wonder if BT will have LoL in the stadium or sitting in the studio - might be an indication. I also note Nick Easter is the guest on their Afters Show Rugby Tonight so going to be an interesting record.

Hope we get a large crowd for the send off.

Safe travels to all going - see you there.

COYW
Let me tell you something cucumber

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2022, 08:09:59 AM »
Morning WWW, VV, RP, Wonky, Hooks, Neils and all Waspies from a quiet Surrey hills. First trip of the season to the CBS for myself and the wife today so excitement is palpable. Morning routine of coffee, rugby paper and dog walk before we set off.

Even with all the problems surrounding the club I feel strangely positive about today. Being surrounded by fellow Waspies and our Saints cousins is a good way to spend any day. It would also be a good time for our club to actually say something to us all about our future. Looking at this game it has the potential to be a cracker and the weather is perfect for rugby. Would not mind 5 points in our account come full time though  ;D

Come on you Wasps!

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2022, 08:21:34 AM »
Good morning all from a bright and cool S Glos. Dog walked and sitting with tea and toast waiting for the cricket to come on. Oddly optimistic about the game, I think we have the tools today it's the top two inches that cause concern.

Safe travel to alll going , I will be there in spirit  and am keeping the faith. Once a Wasp. ..

Mike

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2022, 08:25:03 AM »
Morning all, not sure what exactly to say today, so let's just go with enjoy every moment with those around you whether at home, in stadium or online and safe travels all

Rugbyintheblood

• Wasps Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2022, 08:48:53 AM »
In normal circumstances I’d be pretty excited as it’s match day. But given the emotional roller coaster we’re on and what might or might not happen in the next week or two, I can’t wait to get in to the CBSA and cheer my head off for the boys💥

I’m hoping there will be a big crowd today, does anybody know what’s expected? I’m guessing it’ll be 10k - what do you guys think?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2022, 09:00:55 AM »
Morning all from a brightly sunny but chilly Hastings. Two clubs that like running the ball. I reckon it'll be a bit harum scarum at the CBSA this afternoon. Bookies have us a slight favourites: we're 8/13 on and Saints are 6/5 against. Guess it's going to be close then ;) Good luck all, safe journey and an injury free game.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2022, 09:10:54 AM »
I forgot to add, I had my booster (Moderna) Covid jab on Tuesday and have been really ill since, sleeping upright on the sofa as I can't sleep lying in bed. Woke up this morning feeling really rough still. I had sort of hoped to go on a bike ride with this lovely weather, and back to watch the match, but no chance.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2022, 09:19:00 AM »
Good morning everyone, not at all convinced about the game today, really do think that financial issues will effect the players.

Saints are a good team and our lack of discipline will course us problems today. I expect it to be a high scoring game, something around 65 points, unfortunately Saints getting more then us

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2022, 09:19:32 AM »
Morning all.

This could be another watching from behind the sofa episode, depending on which Wasps team turns up.

Fingers crossed for the W - any win will do.