Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all  (Read 2293 times)

Pompeyman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2022, 09:20:46 AM »
Looking forward to the game, like others, with trepidation. Our first trek up to the CBS this season cannot be our last, I refuse to believe it will be.
However I'm expecting a tough encounter. The squad looks good, but so does theirs. However I'm hoping the occasion drives the boys on and the crowd gets behind them, I certainly will. COYW

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2022, 09:21:19 AM »
Morning all,
Beautiful morning in Coventry today. Forecast is good for the rest of the day.
Nice to hear so many posters are travelling to the CBS today.
I’d have thought any good financial news would have been revealed by now so I probably share the pessimism of so many supporters.
Two strong squads but I hope we take the game to Saints today and take the win.
Safe travels everyone.
Ps I’d be pleased to see 9k in attendance.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 09:24:04 AM by Steve from Cov »

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2022, 09:46:39 AM »
Morning all, i'll be driving up to the CBSA with my partner and in-laws this afternoon in the hope more than expectation of a Wasps victory. I'm sure there will be lots of points scored but I will be surprised if our defence and discipline is good enough to stop us being on the losing side.

Nevertheless the future of the club is far more important so lets hope today isn't the last trip to watch our team play as a professional club.

COYW

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2022, 10:14:54 AM »
Morning all - looking forward to this one and getting up to the cbs. Will be a high scoring affair and for all that Saints are a decent team - so are we. And they do concede points. I’m going to be focussing on the 80 minutes on the pitch and worrying about the other stuff afterwards. As Neils says we’re living off snippets at the minute so at home on BT it has to be discussed. I also think we’ll see a “Vincent” effect. Possibly too early for the man himself but when a world class player joins up others tend to lift themselves as a result.

hookender

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2022, 10:18:39 AM »
I forgot to add, I had my booster (Moderna) Covid jab on Tuesday and have been really ill since, sleeping upright on the sofa as I can't sleep lying in bed. Woke up this morning feeling really rough still. I had sort of hoped to go on a bike ride with this lovely weather, and back to watch the match, but no chance.

A couple of others have said they suffered with Moderna booster this time . Take it easy

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2022, 10:23:13 AM »
I forgot to add, I had my booster (Moderna) Covid jab on Tuesday and have been really ill since, sleeping upright on the sofa as I can't sleep lying in bed. Woke up this morning feeling really rough still. I had sort of hoped to go on a bike ride with this lovely weather, and back to watch the match, but no chance.

A couple of others have said they suffered with Moderna booster this time . Take it easy
I felt like that for each one I had...Not looking forward to this one. Though if it helps the long covid probs,  I'd be grateful . Stsy safe everyone
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 11:54:15 AM by mike909 »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2022, 10:38:11 AM »

I felt like that for each one I had...Not looking forward to this one. Though if it helps the long civic probe I'd be grateful . Stsy safe everyone

Strangely this one (last week) had no effect on me at all. Very surprised. Flu one up next!
Let me tell you something cucumber

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2022, 10:41:21 AM »
Morning All
Myself and the wife are looking forward to our first game of the season could not make the London Irish game.
Really hope this is not our swansong  COYW.
Once a Wasp always a Wasp.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2022, 10:57:43 AM »
Morning All. Not sure what I'm least hopeful about; getting my BT TV Box to work in time for the match (it needs an internet connection to work with BT Sport and Sky Sports, yet doesn't like connecting to the internet) or Wasps chances (both a win and avoiding administration), but you never know...

I had my Moderna booster and flu jab the day of the Bristol game. Took me 5 days to fully get over it, but having had Covid once in June, I still feel it was better than having Covid again.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2022, 11:08:15 AM »
Just getting ready to travel up to Cov. knowing it might well be the last time to see the team I have followed for 65 years. Might be a bit emotional, but hoping for a good game.

Bit ironic as I have ordered an electric car based on not needing to recharge on a return journey to the CBSA!

Good travels everyone, and hope it is not a case of "We'll meet again - don't know where, don't know when", but "We'll meet again in a few weeks time"

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2022, 11:13:09 AM »

I've got my Moderna jab tomorrow gulp!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2022, 11:25:59 AM »

I've got my Moderna jab tomorrow gulp!

And we have ours Tuesday ::)

MarleyWasp

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2022, 11:51:37 AM »
Got my BT box working thanks to a neighbour lending me a 10m ethernet cable.

Wasps to win with a try bonus point!

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2022, 12:08:45 PM »
Got my BT box working thanks to a neighbour lending me a 10m ethernet cable.

Wasps to win with a try bonus point!

Good news. Bold prediction Marley - our forwards look strong and will give our backs some front foot ball.  Can’t wait.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2022, 12:23:12 PM »
Just getting ready to travel up to Cov. knowing it might well be the last time to see the team I have followed for 65 years. Might be a bit emotional, but hoping for a good game.

Bit ironic as I have ordered an electric car based on not needing to recharge on a return journey to the CBSA!

Good travels everyone, and hope it is not a case of "We'll meet again - don't know where, don't know when", but "We'll meet again in a few weeks time"
I met a couple a recently who'd bought an electric car for a similar reason, visiting their daughter IIRC. All went well until a cold winter day and they found a charge barely lasted them and they started suffering range anxiety.