Always a Wasp

Author Topic: hmmm  (Read 2568 times)

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: hmmm
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 02:58:26 PM »
If I was one of those councillors I'd want to know from the legal team that I couldn't be help personally responsible if it doesn't work and the money is lost. Unless I missed a law change councillors, unlike MPs, can be held personally responsible for their decisions.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2022, 03:07:55 PM »
Gilbert stirring up the troops.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2022, 03:08:49 PM »

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2022, 03:10:14 PM »
If this were to happen, I would completely understand how pissed off ccfc fans would be.

Admittedly, I wouldn't care too much if it saved us, but I could completely understand them being annoyed

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2022, 03:12:17 PM »
Council don’t want to have to upkeep the stadium. They’ll be deciding whether it’s worth a punt laying out cash up front to potentially avoid exhaustive running costs in the future. They don’t get on with CCFC and CCFC pay nowhere near anything that would cover running costs. The problem is it would be political suicide - especially in the current climate. Fact is, if Wasps go under it will be the taxpayer paying for CCFC to play there whether it’s by this or by funding the ongoing upkeep - so the outrage by the CCFC fans, whilst understandable, is a bit misplaced.

Political suicide?

Both Labour and Conservative councillors (unanimously) voted for sale of Ricoh/CBS to Wasps and will be keen to support organisations that increase the profile of the city and brings money & jobs to the area.

After years of vitriol and pointless legal action, politicians on both sides will also be keen to ensure CCFC’s owners don’t get their hands on the stadium.

Boosh

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2022, 03:21:54 PM »
Council don’t want to have to upkeep the stadium. They’ll be deciding whether it’s worth a punt laying out cash up front to potentially avoid exhaustive running costs in the future. They don’t get on with CCFC and CCFC pay nowhere near anything that would cover running costs. The problem is it would be political suicide - especially in the current climate. Fact is, if Wasps go under it will be the taxpayer paying for CCFC to play there whether it’s by this or by funding the ongoing upkeep - so the outrage by the CCFC fans, whilst understandable, is a bit misplaced.

Political suicide?

Both Labour and Conservative councillors (unanimously) voted for sale of Ricoh/CBS to Wasps and will be keen to support organisations that increase the profile of the city and brings money & jobs to the area.

After years of vitriol and pointless legal action, politicians on both sides will also be keen to ensure CCFC’s owners don’t get their hands on the stadium.

Coventry City fans fail to recognise they are in the minority. Most of the city are either supportive or do not care about Wasps. You do not see the type of vitriol the CCFC fans spout on twitter around the city in real life

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2022, 03:26:23 PM »

Sliminator

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2022, 03:39:26 PM »

Coventry City fans fail to recognise they are in the minority. Most of the city are either supportive or do not care about Wasps. You do not see the type of vitriol the CCFC fans spout on twitter around the city in real life

Exactly this

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2022, 04:09:54 PM »
So Boosh was talking bollocks

Boosh

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2022, 04:10:10 PM »
Fake news:

https://twitter.com/coventrycc/status/1580918161708224512
I’m not sure it was fake. More like a speedy u-turn.

Exactly and I’m sure they will seek to help us perhaps more privately or in a way that receives the backing of their party

Boosh

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2022, 04:18:08 PM »

Was just my view. No need to be so aggressive. Treat people with kindness

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2022, 04:18:25 PM »
SBT troll.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2022, 04:40:04 PM »
I still can't help it but live in hope that a last second miracle happens, sounds like boosh is either a troll or is just a very positive person with no real facts

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2022, 04:52:11 PM »
If he is a troll he is a very spiteful and sadistic troll. More so than your average troll.  One can only hope for his sake he isn't but I have my doubts.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2022, 05:03:05 PM »
Agree Mike but the problem in that for me be that you’d have to demonstrate you were bridging to something sustainable on the other side. I’m not sure that can be done. For lots of reasons (timescale/complexity/reputation/morally etc it feels like it’s a bit of a ludicrous thing to meet about from their point of view.
Oh yes - sorry, didn't make that clear! There has to be a sustainable destination!