Always a Wasp

Author Topic: What can we do help the cause?  (Read 2183 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: What can we do help the cause?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2022, 08:29:33 AM »
I cancelled my BT Sport subscription yesterday.

So none of us has the urge to fight for our clubs future? Getting
 angry on a fans forum isn't going to help anyone, showing that anger en masse to the PRL/RFU/BT SPORT and CVC might just make a difference.
I’ve happily fired off a few e-mails. Suggest others do the same. Even if it’s futile. Have also let BT know the reason I’ll be cancelling.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2022, 08:54:55 AM »
My thoughts are something more organised. Not a protest as such, but more a coming together of supporters to take something forward a la Wimbledon’s fans did in the creation of AFC Wimbledon. The complicating factor is that we already have the amateur arm of the club so is this need already filled and what could we do to help them climb the leagues should we go to the wall?

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2022, 09:46:39 AM »
The issue with the amateur club is that they and the pro club have been split for years. It's just the same name now.

Might as well support Quins, we were the same club as them once too.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2022, 05:26:16 PM »
Only one email read out on RT.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Robson9

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2022, 06:52:34 PM »
My thoughts are something more organised. Not a protest as such, but more a coming together of supporters to take something forward a la Wimbledon’s fans did in the creation of AFC Wimbledon. The complicating factor is that we already have the amateur arm of the club so is this need already filled and what could we do to help them climb the leagues should we go to the wall?

Why would the fc want to climb the leagues? They're a healthy and competitive amateur club, serving the local community in acton, which is exactly what they want to be.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2022, 07:37:18 PM »
Quite an emotional one though. Soon glossed over with light hearted banter - it’s not Tigers in trouble after all.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2022, 07:50:41 PM »
Quite an emotional one though. Soon glossed over with light hearted banter - it’s not Tigers in trouble after all.

Yes agree.
Let me tell you something cucumber

ArleyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2022, 12:56:00 AM »
Whilst I dislike most things about CCFC, they did have one successful campaign against SISU i.e. Not One Penny More.  I personally will now be advocating this approach towards professional rugby in England.  I will not spend another penny in attending matches, car parking, clubhouse membership, buying TV subscriptions or purchasing merchandise from any National/Premier league rugby organisation until Wasps, Worcester and any other "casualties" are supported to remain within the 13 "P" club members. If several thousand Wasps/ Worcester supporters agree, I believe a serious financial hole could be punctured in the vulnerable backside of the RFU/PRU.