Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Possible futures  (Read 912 times)

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Possible futures
« on: October 18, 2022, 11:34:28 AM »
What a horrible few days, just so sad with more sadness to come as we see ‘our’ players playing for different clubs. As someone who started as a junior member at Sudbury in the amateur days this all leaves a huge hole. But as an optimist I do hope that there is a future. Safe to say the prem has gone for next season and I can’t see any surviving club playing at the CBS. I think the main hope for a professional future might be a buyer merging us with Worcester to become Worcester Wasps. Worcester’s ground plus our training facilities with merged support could see a club survive in the championship push for promotion and somewhere down the line get established back in the prem. this would all need a buyer but maybe there is one out there who couldn’t afford the CBS but could afford this. Otherwise I hope Wasps survive even as an amateur club somewhere and maybe even back near to Sudbury.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Possible futures
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 11:44:26 AM »
Playing at Sixways would lose almost all supporters from the South East (as it is a long journey by road, and almost impossible by train), and also lose a lot of supporters from Warwickshire (it is not a good road journey to make). In effect, it would actually be a Warriors team with a hint of Wasps. I cannot see this suggestion going down at all well with Warriors fans.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 11:45:56 AM »
I heard a rumour that the senior academy lads are still being kept on for now. Maybe there is some hope of a future Wasps after all...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 11:46:17 AM »
Otherwise I hope Wasps survive even as an amateur club somewhere and maybe even back near to Sudbury.

In that case, rest easy as there already is a Wasps amateur club playing just a few miles from Sudbury.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2022, 11:53:14 AM »
Wasps name where they want to play if and when they return.

Stephen Vaughan speaks to Rugbypass.

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/wasps-name-where-they-want-to-play-if-and-when-they-return-vaughan/

SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!