Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Season ticket/Hospitality Package holders  (Read 5817 times)

Nrgee

• Season ticket since 2016-17
    • View Profile
Season ticket/Hospitality Package holders
« on: October 18, 2022, 11:55:08 AM »
Hope the following helps any other season ticket or hospitality package holders trying to explore refunds through their banks.
I have been InTouch with my bank to try and explore the option of refunds as per the statement on the Wasps web site. As you are probably aware if you paid by credit card you have a good chance of getting  a refund. Debit card payment is a bit more awkward  however there is a route and it is called chargeback, you have 120 days from the date services were paid for to claim via this route. If like me you paid by direct bank transfer I have been told by my bank that there is no scheme to recover refunds for direct transfers. I eventually (to my suprise) got put through to the fraud department and I had to explain I had not been defrauded the company had gone into Administration, however the person I spoke to advised you cannot use Chargeback for a bank transfer. So I now need to wait to see if I can claim something back through the admin process.
 I know a number of you have very strong financial backgrounds so may have more accurate information but I just thought I would relay my experience this morning.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Season ticket/Hospitality Package holders
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2022, 11:59:38 AM »
Thanks for that. Already contacted my CC bank to seek a refund. I think the purchase is outside the time limit (Apr/May to October) but we will see. I was successful a couple of months ago with a cancel music festival having purchased a year ago. Hopeful!
Let me tell you something cucumber

ardenwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 12:12:46 PM »
My info on chargeback for debit card payments is the 120 day rule may be waived if the service/goods are yet to be delivered. This the route I took in my application.
Actually, I only bought my seasonal parking pass on debit card, and the season tickets themselves on credit card so going the section 75  consumer act ‘breach of contract’ route with Barclaycard for them.  Barclaycard wanted the season tickets terms and conditions (you will need to quickly download them from the offy in case they disappear) and I had to quote the actual terms I think the club has breached. It took about twenty minutes to fill in all the forms online and attach necessary documentation. No idea if I will be successful or not at this stage.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2022, 01:59:38 PM »
My credit card company are asking for a service date any ideas?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2022, 02:19:24 PM »

It is the first date of a home game where Wasps did not play. Which would be 30 October (Home game vs Falcons). You have to be able to say it is cancelled, and that you will not be getting a refund. They are likely to say that is still 10 days away, just to delay you.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2022, 02:59:28 PM »

It is the first date of a home game where Wasps did not play. Which would be 30 October (Home game vs Falcons). You have to be able to say it is cancelled, and that you will not be getting a refund. They are likely to say that is still 10 days away, just to delay you.
Top man thanks.

ArleyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2022, 10:10:28 PM »
Having made a claim from my bank (N/wide)  they are asking me for proof of the Club being liquidated. Can anyone advise how I can provide this as national news us apparrently not acceptable. Thanks in advance.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2022, 10:13:28 PM »
Having made a claim from my bank (N/wide)  they are asking me for proof of the Club being liquidated. Can anyone advise how I can provide this as national news us apparrently not acceptable. Thanks in advance.

I sent the notification from the Administrator from the Wasps site - so far no further requests.
Let me tell you something cucumber

ArleyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2022, 11:27:09 PM »
Thank you.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2022, 07:30:58 AM »
This is the official notice of Administration:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4189147

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2022, 09:58:10 AM »

I sent the notification from the Administrator from the Wasps site - so far no further requests.
I sent that but said it wasn't enough so I just sent again telling them it was.
It's not like it's going to change.
But I will also be sending what Nelly as posted.
Thanks
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 10:00:01 AM by bigad82 »

ArleyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2022, 10:38:10 AM »
Thanks for the link Nelly.

Mark.S

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2022, 03:04:59 PM »
My bank have asked how many games had been played v how many remaining so I’m reading into that they will pro rate the refund. They have accepted the notification from administrators as proof they have folded.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2022, 03:24:47 PM »
My bank have asked how many games had been played v how many remaining so I’m reading into that they will pro rate the refund. They have accepted the notification from administrators as proof they have folded.

That would be fair.

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2022, 05:37:55 PM »
What a palaver. After filling in a claim form sent to me by Natwest mastercard found that it wouldn't submit. Called them back and went through the submission on the phone. The fact that they required each of the three transactions detailing (ST, Clubhouse, Parking) for service date etc, how much of the value was disputed etc meant a fairly lengthy call. However now submitted so waiting (10 days?) to hear if successful.

Incidentally I claimed for 12/14ths on the basis of games not played v games covered by ST, though now understand that at least one ST holder has had total cost refunded.

Thanks to Nelly for the useful info & links.