Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Season ticket/Hospitality Package holders  (Read 5814 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Season ticket/Hospitality Package holders
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2022, 03:46:29 PM »
Reading this thread, it shows what quality, upright and honest bankers we have in this country (not).

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2022, 08:37:57 PM »
Even if there was some money left, this administration is going to take it all up with postal and duplication charges.

Both my wife and I have recived duplicate letters from the administrators, in my case 3 copies and in my wifes case only two!

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2022, 07:52:28 AM »
Even if there was some money left, this administration is going to take it all up with postal and duplication charges.

Both my wife and I have recived duplicate letters from the administrators, in my case 3 copies and in my wifes case only two!

Very much so, way back in the 90's I worked for Rover, I left when BMW did but a number of my colleagues stayed and worked for MG Rover.

MG Rover went into administration in 2005 after the dodgy 4 took over from BMW.

All the staff were owed a lot of money via salary, pensions etc. They all finally got a few hundred quid this year, a fraction of what they were owed and a lot less than they were expecting, 17 years later.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2022, 02:08:53 PM »
Just been told getting pro rata refund.
If they are refusing just keep on at them.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2022, 02:51:31 PM »
Nothing from Santander a week after I 1st spoke to them, going into a branch tomorrow

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2022, 07:14:28 PM »
Just been told getting pro rata refund.
If they are refusing just keep on at them.

Further to my earlier post, and having had further spurious requests for information already sent to my bank/credit card company (Natwest), I yesterday managed to speak to one of their disputes team (phone), and after using phrases like  "will move my current and savings accounts if this continues" and "I will refer to the financial ombudsman ", I this morning received confirmation of the repayment, subject to the normal provisos of reclaim if I am repaid by the retailer etc.
Timing coincidental?? I don't think so.
Incidentally refund is for 12/14ths, on basis of games not played/games covered by ST
So persevere if your bank is proving difficult.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2022, 12:41:36 PM »
I've got chargeback claims with Monzo (and their virtual credit card, Flex, for my ST) and CapOne (Parking).

CapOne have so far said they can't open the *.pdf copies of Parking Purchases and the letter from FRP, so that's been re-submitted.  Monzo have said it's in-situ and will hear back by early March (something to do with the timeframes as stipulated by Mastercard and it's a worst-case).  So we'll see.

Meanwhile, a family member has been told by Lloyds they'll have theirs back shortly.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2022, 03:49:21 PM »
Nothing from Santander a week after I 1st spoke to them, going into a branch tomorrow

Branch was pointless, they don't do anything in branch.

Have had letter and form now and posted on Monday, so awaiting feedback now.

BlackCountryWasp

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2022, 05:09:29 PM »
Got my section 75 claim back today. Payment confirmed as 12/14. My claim was with Tesco Bank, online submission and took 10 days start to finish. Based on others in this thread I look to have been fortunate with the lack of hassle I've had.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2022, 01:54:04 PM »
Got the parking back via Captial One (or at least confirmation it will hit back onto the account within 48 hours).

Monzo contacted the merchant on 31st October, so despite their lengthy 'max' time projection of early March to resolve, hopefully they'll be equally as quick.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2022, 07:57:53 AM »
Santander have finally refunded mine, I applied for 12/14ths on Tuesday, zero communication, it just turned up in my account. Bought via debit card.

SteveA

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2022, 12:14:13 PM »
Has anyone been successful with HSBC , over 120 days transaction date. They simply quote the cut off date , other contacts, Citizens Advice etc. were
polite and punctual answering the phone but of no real help.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2022, 12:23:28 PM »
Has anyone been successful with HSBC , over 120 days transaction date. They simply quote the cut off date , other contacts, Citizens Advice etc. were
polite and punctual answering the phone but of no real help.

Yes, I just filled in their online transaction dispute form, linked to the articles on website for info, asked for 12/14ths, no further questions asked and money appeared in account.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2022, 12:41:11 PM »
Barclaycard have refused mine saying I didn't state exact amount of refund requested and also they couldn't find the transactions on my account, even though I had given them the exact dates and amounts shown on the statements.

I reckon it was because I had entered it as "Wasps RUFC" on the claim form, and the transactions showed as "Wasps Rufc, Coventry"

I had asked for 12/14ths of the total amount of season tickets plus season parking.

I have replied saying it is alarming that a financial company doesn't employ people who are able to work out simple mathmatics.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2022, 04:13:20 PM »
Barclaycard have refused mine saying I didn't state exact amount of refund requested and also they couldn't find the transactions on my account, even though I had given them the exact dates and amounts shown on the statements.

I reckon it was because I had entered it as "Wasps RUFC" on the claim form, and the transactions showed as "Wasps Rufc, Coventry"

I had asked for 12/14ths of the total amount of season tickets plus season parking.

I have replied saying it is alarming that a financial company doesn't employ people who are able to work out simple mathmatics.

I had similar with Santander initially, filled in the online form, I had to select the transaction from a list, and then after submitting I got an email saying they couldn't find the transaction. Did that 3 times before calling them and they then found it and sent a form out.

However, myself and the missus bought separately for some weird reason at the time, both with Santander, both sent forms back at the same time, she is still waiting!