General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Ex Wasps signing for new clubs

<< < (3/213) > >>

Shugs:
Will Simonds has signed for Chinoor.

WonkyWasp:
Ross, I've lost £2,200.  approx.  and I don't get his matchplay shirt! Last year was about £700. less, but he had improved terrifically last season.  Bristle is in reasonable distance from us but we can't bring ourselves to go there. All that pension saved over the year, but  -  there you are.  Thank God I'm not an employee. Presumably the Corporate Sponsors suffer the same fate.  My choice to do it so I can't complain.

Rossm:

--- Quote from: WonkyWasp on October 22, 2022, 03:31:01 PM ---Ross, I've lost £2,200.  approx.  and I don't get his matchplay shirt! Last year was about £700. less, but he had improved terrifically last season.  Bristle is in reasonable distance from us but we can't bring ourselves to go there. All that pension saved over the year, but  -  there you are.  Thank God I'm not an employee. Presumably the Corporate Sponsors suffer the same fate.  My choice to do it so I can't complain.

--- End quote ---

Nonetheless. That's tough.

WonkyWasp:
Yes, but at least I  haven't lost my job or our house and there are  hundreds a great worse off.  Breaks your heart There's a good article by Gats in the Sports section of the D.Tel today.  I'm amazed that I managed to save up all that money.  Unsurprisingly I haven't heard anything at all from the Offy.   I look on it as Payback Time for all that rugby and Wasps has done for our family.

Rossm:

--- Quote from: WonkyWasp on October 22, 2022, 04:09:04 PM ---Yes, but at least I  haven't lost my job or our house and there are  hundreds a great worse off.  Breaks your heart There's a good article by Gats in the Sports section of the D.Tel today.  I'm amazed that I managed to save up all that money.  Unsurprisingly I haven't heard anything at all from the Offy.   I look on it as Payback Time for all that rugby and Wasps has done for our family.

--- End quote ---

Very generous and gracious, Wonky. It was when you mentioned saving from your pension - that I meant as 'tough'. I can't save anything from mine and I don't have a mortgage. Pretty much everything is spoken for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version