Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Former Tenant Problems  (Read 2444 times)

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Former Tenant Problems
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2022, 09:31:53 PM »
Obviously it’s totally our fault that they are in this mess. I just can’t help but have a very large smile on my face

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2022, 09:56:09 PM »
It’s a good point Wonky. You are so right. Most Cov fans are decent people. They are not a body of people who have had it easy. The very vocal minority don’t represent the whole. It’s the minority we talk about here really and to be fair the Grendel’s and the Fergal’s are the more measured voices. Some of the rest of it is baseless bilge and they deserve what they get.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2022, 10:17:51 PM »
It’s a good point Wonky. You are so right. Most Cov fans are decent people. They are not a body of people who have had it easy. The very vocal minority don’t represent the whole. It’s the minority we talk about here really and to be fair the Grendel’s and the Fergal’s are the more measured voices. Some of the rest of it is baseless bilge and they deserve what they get.

I wonder which group is in the majority of fans who attend matches? I would hazard there over 100k who consider themselves supporters (like me), the majority of whom never go to matches (like me).

Similarly, I would be surprised if there were not a similar number of Wasps supporters, the majority of whom never go to matches.

I do appreciate that geography and medical issues/disability/mobility might come in to the fore here. I simply did not like the 'fan experience' that became the norm. What I have read on twatter and SBT pretty much sums up what you will see at the games.

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2022, 11:11:58 AM »
Apparently they're very confident of making an arrangement with HMRC.

We all know they tend to work out well... 🤣🤣🤣

I think that we will see them being a lot more lenient.  If you think of how many football teams go bust like we have compared to the number appearing in court...very few are liquidated - Bury, Macclesfield and Rangers are the only ones I remember coming from the major leagues.  I think it is a different issue for non-league teams who I think are treated much as the rugby clubs have been.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2022, 12:27:59 PM »

I think that we will see them being a lot more lenient.  If you think of how many football teams go bust like we have compared to the number appearing in court...very few are liquidated - Bury, Macclesfield and Rangers are the only ones I remember coming from the major leagues.  I think it is a different issue for non-league teams who I think are treated much as the rugby clubs have been.

The money they continue to get from a high level football club that continues to run makes it worth their while being lenient

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2022, 02:10:18 PM »

The money they continue to get from a high level football club that continues to run makes it worth their while being lenient

...and that's why they won't let CCFC go under.