Always a Wasp

Author Topic: BB - Digging but no further info  (Read 3455 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: BB - Digging but no further info
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 12:11:03 PM »
I suspect whoever is driving it from the Wasps Legends will also be cahoots with Chris Holland (given he owns EPIC, it makes sense for him to be on-board with whatever bid might be being proposed). 

That leaves the big question of, where's the money coming from or is Chris Holland wealthy enough to be able to fund us initially?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 12:15:56 PM »
I suspect whoever is driving it from the Wasps Legends will also be cahoots with Chris Holland (given he owns EPIC, it makes sense for him to be on-board with whatever bid might be being proposed). 

That leaves the big question of, where's the money coming from or is Chris Holland wealthy enough to be able to fund us initially?

Agree on Holland.

I thought one of the early releases said Legends and former owners so the tentacles will be spread far and wide. We are unlikely to know for some time I would think.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 12:43:21 PM »
As said, given that Christopher Holland owns the training centre and Derek relnquished his stake and resigned as a director back in May..............

The plot thickens.   

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 01:22:49 PM »
I thought Mr Scrivener at first but he was hit with long covid so is probably watching from the sidelines, poor soul.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 01:32:53 PM »
I thought Mr Scrivener at first but he was hit with long covid so is probably watching from the sidelines, poor soul.

He has been messaging in a positive way.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 01:40:08 PM »
Scrivs has long been the face of the Legends, even before the Legends were formally established, but I don't think it necessarily follows that he is a key player in this bid, especially if as you say, he is unwell.  The wider Wasps Legends group (beyond the ex players that we are familiar with) includes donors to the charitable foundation, and any number of those may have significant wealth in their own right, so may well be person(s) less well known stumping up the cash, with a smattering of more familiar names from the ex-players' side to be the face of the bid and make it more appealing to fans and media.

I'd be very surprised if Rigby isn't in there somewhere.  Ex-owners were mentioned when this story first broke.  Didn't the club briefly pass through Riggers' ownership in between Hayes and Richardson?  Otherwise, the only ex-owner I can think of as being remotely likely to be in there is Wright.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 01:44:44 PM »
No evidence at all to back this up, but technically Derek is an ex owner as well at this point.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 01:57:18 PM »
No evidence at all to back this up, but technically Derek is an ex owner as well at this point.

I'd be amazed if Derek came back to be involved in the owning of Wasps and don't believe he's part of the bid approved by FRP.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 01:59:29 PM »
Oh dear - not Steve Hayes - unless of course he has identified an airfield that could be used as a stadium

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »
As I noted elsewhere there was a podcast with both Wright and Rigby on recently (within 10 days) discussing the situation as it was then.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2022, 02:02:29 PM »

True.  But I can't see the administrators agreeing to sell it back to him.  Are there not safeguards in place to prevent business owners from allowing their business to go into administration and immediately buying it back on the cheap without much of its debt?

Mellie

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2022, 02:33:13 PM »
Didn't the club briefly pass through Riggers' ownership in between Hayes and Richardson?  Otherwise, the only ex-owner I can think of as being remotely likely to be in there is Wright.
I'm sure it was one if my favourite ex-players, Ken Moss, who fronted the transition from Hayes to Richardson.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2022, 02:39:58 PM »
Legends website includes a few notable business faces doesn’t it. I agree Holland must be involved and I’m leaning towards VV. DR is an ex owner. If not him must be Wright.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2022, 02:50:46 PM »
Fraser is extremely well connected.