Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Brad & Dan to play for Baa-Baas  (Read 2632 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Brad & Dan to play for Baa-Baas
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2022, 10:18:30 AM »
It is reported that Jacob Umaga & Dan Robson are set to appear for the Barbarians against Harlequins on November 17. Isn't Jacob still banned?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2022, 10:19:57 AM »
It is reported that Jacob Umaga & Dan Robson are set to appear for the Barbarians against Harlequins on November 17. Isn't Jacob still banned?

Probably done extra naughty boy courses to clear himself.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2022, 10:22:45 AM »

From the RFU decision document:

Since the hearing, the Player's club has been suspended from the Gallagher Premiership and faces the prospect of longer term suspension upon entering Administration. Until such time as the Player has meaningful fixtures with an active club the suspension cannot run.

I guess him showcasing his talents will increase the speed at which he finds a new club.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 03:37:12 PM »
Barbarians name Danny Cipriani and NINE ex-Wasps stars made redundant in squad for Saints

From Bobby Bridge:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/northampton-saints-v-barbarians-tickets-25461521
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

W2APS

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2022, 05:36:52 PM »
11 ex Wasps players there in total. Got to count Cips and Holmes too. #OnceAWasp 🐝

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2022, 07:17:46 AM »
Marland Yarde?

Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2022, 08:18:18 AM »
Yes, I was surprised at that. I read somewhere one of the Barbarians staff saying they have a history of giving a chance to players. That particular chance is one I wouldn’t have given.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2022, 09:12:10 AM »
That particular chance is one I wouldn’t have given.

Why not?

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2022, 09:21:21 AM »
Yes, I was surprised at that. I read somewhere one of the Barbarians staff saying they have a history of giving a chance to players. That particular chance is one I wouldn’t have given.

If we are talking about an incident earlier this year where an unnamed former England rugby player was arrested on suspicion of rape, and then suspended by his club, Sale Sharks at around about the same time that Yarde stopped playing for Sale, leading many to believe that he was the player in question, then all charges were dropped.

None of us will ever know the circumstances surrounding that night, exactly what happened, or why the case never even made it to court, so he ought to be able to resume his career.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2022, 12:09:22 PM »

If we are talking about an incident earlier this year where an unnamed former England rugby player was arrested on suspicion of rape, and then suspended by his club, Sale Sharks at around about the same time that Yarde stopped playing for Sale, leading many to believe that he was the player in question, then all charges were dropped.

None of us will ever know the circumstances surrounding that night, exactly what happened, or why the case never even made it to court, so he ought to be able to resume his career.

Not sure this is the place to have that discussion.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2022, 12:10:28 PM »

Absolutely positive it is not.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2022, 01:26:14 PM »

Absolutely positive it is not.

A couple of posters questioned Yarde's inclusion in the Barbarian's squad, and I can only think of one reason why they might find it surprising.  Wasn't trying to start any discussion for the very reason I stated, that none of us knows anywhere near enough about the incident to form an opinion on it.  On the basis that he was never charged, Yarde's return to rugby should not come as a surprise.