Always a Wasp

Author Topic: OT - Have to laugh  (Read 826 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
OT - Have to laugh
« on: November 18, 2022, 11:50:28 AM »
FIFA told to ban alcohol from all stadiums two days before the WC start. I bet Budweiser must be a tad angry.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: OT - Have to laugh
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 12:05:22 PM »
What a circus.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2022, 12:16:04 PM »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2022, 12:20:10 PM »
Circuses are well planed and organised events. The original quote is about entertaining the masses so they don't rebel during their idleness.

I wouldn't class the Football WC as well planned or entertaining.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2022, 02:28:08 PM »
Circuses are often said t be a cunning array of stunts. FIFA and their world cup however.........

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2022, 05:12:16 PM »
I suspect the Qataris are wondering what all the fuss is about. With Bud zero on sale in the stadia, watery piss is already available.

Had a similar experience at a rugby World Cup match in 2007. England played the USA in Lille at the yob-ball ground, which has a no alcohol policy. It was all readily resolved by staying in the bar on the Eurostar, heading to the cafes for a few extra scoops before KO and taking the trusty hip flask into the ground to give the non-beer beer a bit of a boost.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2022, 05:49:09 PM »
The Telegraph's cartoon from the other day seems even more appropriate...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2022, 05:52:45 PM »
I suspect the Qataris are wondering what all the fuss is about. With Bud zero on sale in the stadia, watery piss is already available.

Had a similar experience at a rugby World Cup match in 2007. England played the USA in Lille at the yob-ball ground, which has a no alcohol policy. It was all readily resolved by staying in the bar on the Eurostar, heading to the cafes for a few extra scoops before KO and taking the trusty hip flask into the ground to give the non-beer beer a bit of a boost.

This reminded me of the Euro finals in Bilbao where the stadium was alcohol free about an hour before and afterwards. Heineken 0.0 was on sale. A bunch of Donkey fans on the Friday arrived and went to get vast amounts of beer - and I mean vast amounts. By halfway through the second half they were acting very pissed.  Nobody around could believe it. A group of Pirates fans were laughing at them calling them West Midlands hoiks. Lovely.
Let me tell you something cucumber