Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps & Worcester Warriors: MPs to hold 'inquiry' with English rugby's governing  (Read 6347 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
. Either they were lying about the cap being too tight, are trading over the cap or have offered players pittances.
All three?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
. Either they were lying about the cap being too tight, are trading over the cap or have offered players pittances.
All three?

+1
Let me tell you something cucumber

Andywasp50

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
+2.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Your post, Andy, prompted me to have a look at the table. Absolutely no excitement. It's not yet Xmas and, with no relegation, it's an empty shell. Footfall and income will definitely be down and as for next season..............?

A quick question: does anyone know if the same number of English clubs will qualify for ECC next season?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Your post, Andy, prompted me to have a look at the table. Absolutely no excitement. It's not yet Xmas and, with no relegation, it's an empty shell. Footfall and income will definitely be down and as for next season..............?

A quick question: does anyone know if the same number of English clubs will qualify for ECC next season?

European Rugby have not commented on next seasons qualification yet. All they have done so far is adjust for teams missing this season.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Wot a smelly mess.  Completely agree re: The cap etc, Shugs.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
I would like someone  -  anyone!  -  to enquire much more deeply  and with authority into the actions of the  RFU etc, and  the finances of other clubs.  Too much to ask.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
After the above discussion, I decided to look at the table. But when I got there, I realised I wasn’t interested, I didn’t care and I wasn’t taking any of it in.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Stupidly expected Rugby Tonight to lead with this but hey apologists all especially the number Ugo.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Stupidly expected Rugby Tonight to lead with this but hey apologists all especially the number Ugo.

Didn't catch it today, what did they all say?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile

In sport, and media in general, there is nowadays too cozy a relationship between journalists and those that should be held to account. For me, this cheapens the quality. To the extent that, mainstream news is now pointless to listen to or watch. This is not good for society, because people then retreat to sources that can become bubbles of self-perpetuation of views and myths.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 05:33:41 PM by NellyWellyWaspy »

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

In sport, and media in general, there is nowadays too cozy a relationship between journalists and those that should be held to account. For me, this cheapens the quality. To the extent that, mainstream news is not pointless to listen to or watch. This is not good for society, because people then retreat to sources that can become bubbles of self-perpetuation of views and myths.
+1

Lwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
It used to be the case that political news reported what had happened, with or without commentary/analysis. These days it is full of reporting what is going to happen. How many stories in the broadsheets are now "In a speech later today he is expected to say ...." and then a pre-leaked transcript is published.

Makes it very hard to be objectively critical if you rely on the subject you're reporting on for the pre-supply of material. Society is worse off as a result.