Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Our former tenants  (Read 4419 times)

MarleyWasp

Re: Our former tenants
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2022, 03:37:42 PM »
I'm reminded of what someone once said to me about sympathy: It's just a word in the dictionary between s**t and syphilis.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2022, 03:47:55 PM »
Frasers have issued a statement saying that they originally offered CCFC the same terms they had under Wasps and SISU declined to sign it.  Now a revised agreement has been offered and they have declined to sign that as well.

And suddenly it all makes perfect sense.

Councillors must be having déjà vu. This is where it all started before CCFC trucked on up the road to Northampton, yes?

Well, if there is such a clause that CCFC have to be allowed to play here, I bet it doesn't say on what terms ...

Couldn't make it up ...

About time the EFL decided CCFC have made themselves homeless (after all, they had agreed to this price only a few months ago), and boot them out of the league.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2022, 03:48:12 PM »
I can't bring myself to show any sympathy whatsoever, the continued abuse we've had for years from them as made me dislike them with a passion.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2022, 03:49:21 PM »
SISU v Mike Ashley. This’ll be entertaining. Don’t fancy SISU’s chances.

Hopefully MA upped the price when he gave them a second offer.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2022, 04:07:08 PM »
Ha ha ha ha ha
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2022, 04:07:53 PM »
You can just see SISU try to take Ashley to court. Whoopee!
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2022, 04:16:14 PM »
Person on Twitter saying that the council should "enforce the clause that CCFC must be permitted to play at the CBS or the leasehold reverts to the council"
Anyone have any idea if such a clause exists & if it does why was it not raised before?

I wouldn't be surprised if this really existed. If it did, I would assume it would look like how NWW described it. I find that the "the stadium was built for us" argument is overused. Have CCFC ever owned the stadium at any point or has it always been in the Council's ownership? My reasoning being, I've never understood the argument that because "the stadium was bult for us (CCFC)" doesn't mean the football club get automatic and unrestricted access to the stadium regardless of ownership.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2022, 04:42:07 PM »
Person on Twitter saying that the council should "enforce the clause that CCFC must be permitted to play at the CBS or the leasehold reverts to the council"
Anyone have any idea if such a clause exists & if it does why was it not raised before?

I wouldn't be surprised if this really existed. If it did, I would assume it would look like how NWW described it. I find that the "the stadium was built for us" argument is overused. Have CCFC ever owned the stadium at any point or has it always been in the Council's ownership? My reasoning being, I've never understood the argument that because "the stadium was bult for us (CCFC)" doesn't mean the football club get automatic and unrestricted access to the stadium regardless of ownership.

CCFC owned Highfield Road. CCFC was taken over by an owner who destroyed the club's finances and that ground was sold to pay the debts (a common enough story). The EU was helping the council redevelop the area around where the Ricoh now is (it was one of the UK's most deprived areas, and not much better now). It was, to my recollection, an old gasworks site, so lots of heavy metals and toxic pollutants in the soil. Tesco came on board to build a large store, and gave a lot of money towards the project. The council came up with the rest. Because of the state of the site, the stadium probably cost 3-4 times to build what it was worth. Even with other monies, what the council paid was 100% more than the value, and they tried to strong arm CCFC in to paying rent that was way too much to cover that debt. CCFC were between a rock and a hard place. New owners SISU were a bunch of sh#ts and so the deal was done, which CCFC then walked away from with a rent strike.

Yes, the stadium was built with CCFC in mind as the tenants. But they contributed not a penny. No more 'theirs' than a house belongs to the person renting it. So, not theirs.

The lease is between MA and the council. I am sure that whilst there might have been some planning clauses etc. about main use being sports, I would bet my last dollar that the council would be only too pleased to agree a change of use and partial demolition just to be rid of CCFC once and for all. Maybe in exchange for a gym/leisure centre/pool, because that area of Coventry has nothing like that at all.

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2022, 06:46:38 PM »
Sorry but I’ve laughed my way from post 1 to above. What goes around comes around!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2022, 07:12:24 PM »
What a circus. Presumably Big Mike will want at least one sports team there……………….

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2022, 08:09:09 PM »
What a circus.
Time to crack out the cunning array of stunts jokes.
 And let us face it, there are a fair few villains in this piece. It will be like a Tarrantino movie, bad guys v bad guys, with gratuitous violence and stick ends for many.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2022, 08:24:45 PM »
 :) Now all I can see is Mike Ashley in a yellow Lycra one piece slashing away at Seppala in a tuxedo as he demands £3.10 for every burger sale and £1m in rent before she counter thrusts and makes her escape to Burton on Trent.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2022, 09:44:22 PM »
 :)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2022, 12:07:01 AM »
:) Now all I can see is Mike Ashley in a yellow Lycra one piece slashing away at Seppala in a tuxedo as he demands £3.10 for every burger sale and £1m in rent before she counter thrusts and makes her escape to Burton on Trent.

She can stay well away from Burton! I'm not having her close to my doorstep!  ;D