Always a Wasp

Author Topic: So D Day or not?  (Read 4405 times)

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: So D Day or not?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2022, 06:55:25 PM »
Hi, I have been a Wasps fan for over 25 years and a STH at the Ricoh/CBSA since we moved there. I have been following this forum for a number of years but have never before been inclined to post. But today is different and I have registered (also got that wrong as it should read Rugby!) so that I can join in with the discussion so please treat me kindly!

Today I was invited to the EPIC (photo attached) and I was blown away by what an excellent facility it is with the changing rooms and fitness studio like none other I have seen. Whilst I was there I met a couple of key people and the feeling I got was that there is going to be some good news coming out later this week.

I left with a real buzz!

Pray tell you are right, heavens knows we need some Christmas cheer on this forum.

And why am using words like pray and heaven when I'm not in the least religious?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2022, 07:04:30 PM »
Hi, I have been a Wasps fan for over 25 years and a STH at the Ricoh/CBSA since we moved there. I have been following this forum for a number of years but have never before been inclined to post. But today is different and I have registered (also got that wrong as it should read Rugby!) so that I can join in with the discussion so please treat me kindly!

Today I was invited to the EPIC (photo attached) and I was blown away by what an excellent facility it is with the changing rooms and fitness studio like none other I have seen. Whilst I was there I met a couple of key people and the feeling I got was that there is going to be some good news coming out later this week.

I left with a real buzz!

No? Don't you ride a Triumph Tiger? Surely you pray it doesn't break down every time you ride out?

Pray tell you are right, heavens knows we need some Christmas cheer on this forum.

And why am using words like pray and heaven when I'm not in the least religious?

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2022, 09:00:58 PM »
Why use words like pray and heaven even when not in the least religious?  My take would be that it’s worth a punt on it, if it comes with the flip side called Hell and a version of it that has an up to date reservation list that includes Slippery Bill, Massive Trail-of-lies (the PRL whopper) and Nigel Wray (obviously).

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2022, 11:14:03 PM »
Thanks VV I would really appreciate if you could edit my username, although as Ross says I do like curries maybe a freudian slip

Done
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2022, 10:38:39 AM »

No? Don't you ride a Triumph Tiger? Surely you pray it doesn't break down every time you ride out?

Not at all, The Triumph has been ultra reliable whereas the Vespa I bought last year left me stranded with a faulty fuel pump after only 1600 miles on the clock.  :-\

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2022, 10:47:32 AM »

Not at all, The Triumph has been ultra reliable whereas the Vespa I bought last year left me stranded with a faulty fuel pump after only 1600 miles on the clock.  :-\

Only joshing you ...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is yours a British Tiger or a Thai Tiger?

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2022, 10:54:35 AM »
Hey I've stuck 50k miles on my 2013 Tiger and it's never missed a beat!

Of course, it will now ... ::)

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2022, 11:14:38 AM »
Hey I've stuck 50k miles on my 2013 Tiger and it's never missed a beat!

Of course, it will now ... ::)

Yeah, I set myself up for this, as my bike (brand) is (amazingly) actually lower on the reliability score charts than Triumph is. But, I did make sure that mine was not made in the USA but in the same mega factory that also assembles for Triumph and loads of other brands. Proudly made in Thailand.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2022, 11:46:53 AM »

I commuted on a 2010 Tiger into Bristol for several years and it never missed a beat. Waiting in the garage for me to regain fitness....

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2022, 11:25:09 AM »

Only joshing you ...  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is yours a British Tiger or a Thai Tiger?

It's a modern 2018 Tiger and therefore made in Thailand.

Great bike.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2022, 12:18:45 PM »
Bet your Tigers didn't cost as much as  £i million for a certain Leicester Tiger.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2022, 12:39:05 PM »
Pah - these modern Triumph Tigers.

I've got a Triumph Trophy - a 1967 one, and I've got the oil stains on the garage floor to prove it!

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2022, 09:24:51 AM »
I am also now a Tiger owner. Slightly concerned about all of these Tigers on a Wasps board!

I didn't understood why the adventure bikes were so popular until I sat on one at a showroom... Lovely riding position and a little bit of wind protection makes my weekly 100mile commute a joy when the temp is above 5C!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 11:03:31 AM by Brandnewtorugby »

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2022, 10:34:01 AM »
I bought a Tiger in the Spring when my GS was abducted by three gentleman from my garage.

Very comfortable bike with great engine/gear-shift [the GS gear-shift is beyond appalling].

It is much better made than my previous Triumph's from the 90's-00's. Fuel range is easily 350 miles with the 30L tank.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2022, 11:57:51 AM »
I am also now a Tiger owner. Slightly concerned about all of these Tigers on a Wasps board!

I didn't understood why the adventure bikes were so popular until I sat on one at a showroom... Lovely riding position and a little bit of wind protection makes my weekly 100mile commute a joy when the temp is above 5C!

With the aid of a ladder, I got on one in Blade Triumph in Stratford. My feet were at least a foot off the ground. Now, where did I put those Elton John Pinball Wizard boots ...