Always a Wasp

Author Topic: News incoming?  (Read 15086 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: News incoming?
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2022, 07:30:29 AM »
Plus at least  2 more

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2022, 07:51:08 AM »
Hoping that somebody isn't pulling something.
I do wish that with access to the site they had removed all the old stuff - eg teams and partners etc.- all of which are dead.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2022, 08:21:49 AM »
I do wish that with access to the site they had removed all the old stuff - eg teams and partners etc.- all of which are dead.

I assume that without all the admin staff and little money to pay an agency website changes aren't as simple and fast as they used to be. Hence the blank news story recently. I suspect that was someone testing how to add a story.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2022, 08:32:33 AM »

I assume that without all the admin staff and little money to pay an agency website changes aren't as simple and fast as they used to be. Hence the blank news story recently. I suspect that was someone testing how to add a story.

Agree with that. Just thought that anyone "neutral" viewing it might take it that certain entities / people were still on board and it is unfortunate. 

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2022, 12:57:34 PM »
Vodafone logo now gone from the front page.

Old sponsors page still exists though

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2022, 01:03:27 PM »
Has there always been a donate page? Noticed that a moment ago.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2022, 01:12:25 PM »
For years.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2022, 01:52:54 PM »
From the DT

Worcester Warriors may be refused entry to next season’s Championship

RFU unhappy with prospective new owners who have, as yet, been unable to supply supply suitable evidence of business plan

Worcester Warriors are on the brink of being refused entry to next season’s Championship, with their prospective new owners and the Rugby Football Union at war over a rescue deal for the stricken club.

Telegraph Sport can also reveal that Wasps, who were also thrown out of the Premiership after being plunged into administration, are close to being allowed to re-enter the English rugby pyramid in the second tier following their own takeover.

But, unless there is a dramatic U-turn, the RFU’s board will meet on Thursday to rubber-stamp a recommendation by its Club Financial Viability Group (CFVG) not to permit Worcester to join them.

That follows what it can be revealed is an on-going row between Warriors’ prospective new owners, Atlas Worcester Warriors Rugby Club Ltd, and the RFU over strict conditions the latter had been seeking to impose on their rescue deal.

Telegraph Sport has been told the CFVG was not satisfied the information provided by the buyers, in particular relating to their financial position, demonstrated their ability to continue to fund the club and to deliver on their business plan, which includes significant development at the Sixways site.

The conditions imposed on the deal included an RFU veto over the disposal of land around the stadium, swift payment of rugby creditors, commitments to a women’s team and other key governance conditions.

Atlas, fronted by former Worcester chief executive Jim O’Toole and bankrolled by money from the United States, are said to be furious at the conditions being imposed and to have threatened legal action over any refusal to allow their entry into the Championship.

They were said to be committed to proceeding with the takeover of WRFC Trading Limited regardless, which would mean they would own the club and its assets but have no league to play in.

The approval of Wasps’ takeover was said to have been more straightforward, with the club having lost its own stadium, the Coventry Building Society Arena, when they were plunged into administration.

The ground was bought by Mike Ashley’s Frasers Group and the club have been in negotiations to become a tenant there.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2022, 01:55:57 PM »
Ooh not good for WW but for us positive way forward.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2022, 02:01:54 PM »
Worcester's prospective owners are claiming this is false on Twitter

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2022, 02:04:28 PM »

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2022, 02:11:02 PM »
Created on 18 Oct around the time we went into administration

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2022, 02:15:15 PM »
Only one director whose occupation is solicitor.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2022, 02:16:27 PM »
This was commented on a little while ago. From memory it was a lawyers office or similar.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2022, 02:18:04 PM »