Always a Wasp

Author Topic: marler  (Read 3658 times)

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: marler
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2023, 05:54:55 PM »
Rugby has undoubtedly changed, but it's being marketed to s new audience these days. The refs are miked up as well, so there is the risk of someone of impressionable age hearing what's been said.

Professional sport is being marketed with the "respect" message. Marler didn't show respect and then broke the eleventh commandment, he got found out.

Nigel Med

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2023, 10:55:21 AM »

I'm sure I can read the disciplinary report to find out, but I'm not sure how the disciplinary board came to the conclusion that they could knock off a significant amount of weeks from a ban that, in my opinion, is justified. I fear that the ban has something to do with potential England participation or his off-field antics (which I have now started to find very boring) have something to do with him getting a punishment as light as he has.

Unfortunately, rugby is corrupt from top to bottom, so I suspect that it is to allow his participation in the 6 Nations.
Yep, just what it looks like. No mention of the fact that the whole incident was sparked my Marler kicking a player on the ground, far more serious than some childish sledging. According to the statement Marler's "very poor disciplinary record" was taken into account by the panel in determining a suitable sanction. They then suspend 4 weeks of a 6 week ban????

Let's correct that shall we? "Marler's very poor disciplinary record was completely ignored but his potential participation in the Six Nations led to the minimum possible sanction thereby condoning his behaviour".

Pathetic.

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 11:04:12 AM »

I'm sure I can read the disciplinary report to find out, but I'm not sure how the disciplinary board came to the conclusion that they could knock off a significant amount of weeks from a ban that, in my opinion, is justified. I fear that the ban has something to do with potential England participation or his off-field antics (which I have now started to find very boring) have something to do with him getting a punishment as light as he has.

Unfortunately, rugby is corrupt from top to bottom, so I suspect that it is to allow his participation in the 6 Nations.
Yep, just what it looks like. No mention of the fact that the whole incident was sparked my Marler kicking a player on the ground, far more serious than some childish sledging. According to the statement Marler's "very poor disciplinary record" was taken into account by the panel in determining a suitable sanction. They then suspend 4 weeks of a 6 week ban????

Let's correct that shall we? "Marler's very poor disciplinary record was completely ignored but his potential participation in the Six Nations led to the minimum possible sanction thereby condoning his behaviour".

Pathetic.

+1

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2023, 12:01:56 PM »
Plus 2

FishingWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile