Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Glaws vs Sarries  (Read 4493 times)

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Glaws vs Sarries
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2023, 11:21:01 AM »
CHRIS FOY in The Daily Mail:
Owen Farrell's four-week ban proves rugby's judicial system is not fit for purpose and needs reforming - the reduction of weeks for good conduct and admission of guilt is a joke and an outdated relic of the amateur era

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-11623341/Owen-Farrells-four-week-ban-shows-rugbys-judicial-isnt-fit-purpose-needs-reforming.html

He's not wrong. I hadn't seen the bit in the ruling that said it had no effect on the match, it very obviously did!

The time off for good behaviour, references from chariteeees, admitting they had done it and saying sorry, even through gritted teeth, is completely farcical. Also getting a week off for tackle school, again I agree with Chris Foy, that should be part of their punishmant anyway.
Since when did that become a thing? I thought rugby was all about player safety?

It's just part of the contortions they needed to do to manipulate the outcome to give it the veneer of legitimacy.  This is nothing less than cheating.

JF

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Glaws vs Sarries
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2023, 05:10:53 PM »
At some point Saracens are going to machine-gun their opponents and at the disciplinary hearing the opponents will be made to pay for the bullets.

As an accountant it's not unknown for me to have an answer and work backwards to make the data fit. You would have a job to persuade me that this hasn't happened here.