Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Time for positivity.  (Read 23635 times)

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Time for positivity.
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2023, 01:05:55 PM »
Not quite sure he?s a puppet. My reading of the article is that he calls out the idea of a ten team league as being fundamentally flawed. He appears to have said. that such a league would not have enough matches to keep the game in the public eye throughout the season. That would seem like an argument for more clubs, not fewer.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2023, 02:07:53 PM »
He is very contrary- and can be wildly off the mark. He often comes across as a sycophant, but can also surprise in the vehenence of his criticism of refs, WR, RFU, PRL, WRU et al. I think he is just prone to strong statements. In this case I felt he was not a PRL mouthpiece, just ignoring the fact that SMT is back involved again.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2023, 06:00:16 PM »

The numbers of people here, not just posting, but those who only read as well, are massively down.

For me - I post less as there's no news.....and I look to see if there's any news. It is really poor form iro fans and I was hoping there would be as chance to get to a game next season - regardless of my health!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2023, 07:55:24 PM »

The numbers of people here, not just posting, but those who only read as well, are massively down.

For me - I post less as there's no news.....and I look to see if there's any news. It is really poor form iro fans and I was hoping there would be as chance to get to a game next season - regardless of my health!

Traffic on here always dropped off after the end of the season, but soon recovered come September.
I don't think the current drop in numbers necessarily means that people have gone, never to return. When there's a game every weekend, then that gives us plenty to talk about. No reason to think the current lack of interest won't be reversed if and when we actually have some rugby to talk about again.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2023, 08:32:17 PM »
I don?t think anyone can realistically switch allegiance. And Mike - hope you?re OK.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2023, 08:36:36 PM »
We might not post as much but it doesn't mean that we have given up and left.  It is this thread plus DWs that keeps us in touch with each other and gives us hope.  If this thread went we really would give up, but this is (apart from DWs) the only contact and source of such info as there is  and for me is the first and last piece of info that I check every day and for that I am deeply grateful. Thank you VV.  Don't give up.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 11, 2023, 10:50:08 AM »
We might not post as much but it doesn't mean that we have given up and left.  It is this thread plus DWs that keeps us in touch with each other and gives us hope.  If this thread went we really would give up, but this is (apart from DWs) the only contact and source of such info as there is  and for me is the first and last piece of info that I check every day and for that I am deeply grateful. Thank you VV.  Don't give up.

+1

Difficult to keep commenting on no new news. You can only put up with me saying the same crap over and over again :)

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2023, 11:16:16 AM »

+1

Difficult to keep commenting on no new news. You can only put up with me saying the same crap over and over again :)

Likewise with me, I do think I'm a broken record on the forum sometimes ha. Though I do stop by pretty much every day to see if there's anything new to talk about, like the European 1/4s.

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 11, 2023, 01:17:04 PM »
What is there to discuss?  Cant keep discussing no news must be good news. 

I'm keen to get going again, but I cant say the same for the rest of the family who have lost interest. I suspect many casual fans and youngsters have moved on too.  Modern times, short attention spans etc.  Even a statement saying no news means we are still working hard to put everything in place, would be better than the current silence. Its very tough times out there raising finance and finding sponsors and suppliers who have the trust to get involved.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 11, 2023, 08:00:13 PM »
A Pudsey sort of update tweet at least about the lack of update!

https://twitter.com/WaspsKitMan/status/1645863703865065472?t=Abqrj7qD0ay991VKsu1spQ&s=19

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2023, 08:06:03 PM »
A Pudsey sort of update tweet at least about the lack of update!

https://twitter.com/WaspsKitMan/status/1645863703865065472?t=Abqrj7qD0ay991VKsu1spQ&s=19

Just seen this as well. Looks like there is something to communicate.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 11, 2023, 08:17:29 PM »
Thank you Pudsey.  You are a star.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 11, 2023, 09:16:40 PM »
I am hoping there will be, but I am not expecting team+ground+dor+ coaching staff.
I would settle for ground + X, where X is anything that suggests we play next year.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 11, 2023, 10:26:11 PM »
Interesting that "they" are still using Pudsey to release odd snippets when they deem them necessary.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2023, 10:40:37 PM »
Not so sure. Going on recent ?announcements? he may operate alone. Although as far as I know he?s our only employee other than our ceo so maybe it makes sense!