Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 2023/4 Championship Fixtures  (Read 3001 times)

COYW15

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2023/4 Championship Fixtures
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2023, 08:02:51 PM »
Slightly O/T but the RFU emailed me a survey today which is focused on the future of the Championship - may be worth voicing any opinions here https://surveys.tell-us-what-you-think.com/s3/6eaa52a834d5?spMailingID=25202593&spUserID=OTQ5OTA3MjcwMTc4S0&spJobID=2210487815&spReportId=MjIxMDQ4NzgxNQS2 , though I don't have much faith the RFU would take too much notice.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2023, 08:26:44 PM »
Slightly O/T but the RFU emailed me a survey today which is focused on the future of the Championship - may be worth voicing any opinions here https://surveys.tell-us-what-you-think.com/s3/6eaa52a834d5?spMailingID=25202593&spUserID=OTQ5OTA3MjcwMTc4S0&spJobID=2210487815&spReportId=MjIxMDQ4NzgxNQS2 , though I don't have much faith the RFU would take too much notice.

Likewise received it. Opportunity to suggest things - to be ignored!
Let me tell you something cucumber

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2023, 09:07:17 PM »
What a wonderful idea;  I love it.  But do we HAVE to go to EA's?

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2023, 01:16:58 AM »
There?s nothing like venting ? it?s good for the soul even if it doesn?t make a jot of difference.

I would say I gave it both barrels. But, I decided to go full Gatling gun on them. Here?s a flavour for the responses I gave. Verbatim:

Why are you interested in the championship?

It?s the league I have to watch after you duplicitous bastards relegated my team for financial difficulties while you let the serial cheats off the hook for endless seasons of breaching the salary cap

What is your interest in the championship?

You?ve forced Wasps and Worcester to either play in the league or face oblivion for struggling to pay their post Covid debt. Meanwhile you?ve allowed Saracens to get away with endless years of cheating the salary cap with nothing more than a light tap on the wrists

Why not choose to watch live
Rugby?
You forcibly relegated my team and stole its P shares. And you wonder why I?m not going to matches. You are either drunker or older that Will Carling called out

What would make you attend championship matches?
Nigel Wray in the stocks with the opportunity to throw rotten fruit at him for systemically cheating the salary cap for a quarter of a century, destroying the financeability of the game, while the RFU slept blissfully in a gin-induced coma.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2023, 07:27:30 AM »
There?s nothing like venting ? it?s good for the soul even if it doesn?t make a jot of difference.

I would say I gave it both barrels. But, I decided to go full Gatling gun on them. Here?s a flavour for the responses I gave. Verbatim:

Why are you interested in the championship?

It?s the league I have to watch after you duplicitous bastards relegated my team for financial difficulties while you let the serial cheats off the hook for endless seasons of breaching the salary cap

What is your interest in the championship?

You?ve forced Wasps and Worcester to either play in the league or face oblivion for struggling to pay their post Covid debt. Meanwhile you?ve allowed Saracens to get away with endless years of cheating the salary cap with nothing more than a light tap on the wrists

Why not choose to watch live
Rugby?
You forcibly relegated my team and stole its P shares. And you wonder why I?m not going to matches. You are either drunker or older that Will Carling called out

What would make you attend championship matches?
Nigel Wray in the stocks with the opportunity to throw rotten fruit at him for systemically cheating the salary cap for a quarter of a century, destroying the financeability of the game, while the RFU slept blissfully in a gin-induced coma.

Please don't forget the other salary cap cheats - those who can't be named because it was covered up the first time around but included the self washing device in the SW. The worst after the EAs, at least so far discovered, was the East Midlands Cheetahs who miraculously stayed just under the level for heavy points/relegation sanctions for 5 years (kind of - oh we can break that level but keep us from breaking THAT one!).  Almost half of what is left has been found wanting.

Egret

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2023, 08:52:53 AM »
Don't wish to spoil a good conspiracy theory yet it was PRL's salary cap that was broken and it was PRL who decided what punishment should or should not be given

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2023, 09:40:38 AM »
Don't wish to spoil a good conspiracy theory yet it was PRL's salary cap that was broken and it was PRL who decided what punishment should or should not be given

No conspiracy theory in the comments.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2023, 10:01:53 AM »
I noticed Wasps did not seem to be listed under either Champ or Prem.

Egret

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2023, 10:10:51 AM »

No conspiracy theory in the comments.

True.

I was responding to the accusation that the RFU were responsible for the demise of Wasps and WW (they weren't, Wasps and WW owners were) whilst not properly punishing salary cap cheats.

They were responsible for assessing WW former owners as being fit and proper persons to own a rugby club, although I can imagine the outcry if they had determined they were not fit and proper persons.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2023, 10:49:02 AM »
The problems rugby has come through on this thread. You have the PRL who are absolutely useless in terms of fixing the game as they are the clubs. They are incapable of objective, unbiased decision making. Then you have the RFU who don?t control anything in the premiership and are useless at what they do control.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2023, 02:01:56 PM »
The problems rugby has come through on this thread. You have the PRL who are absolutely useless in terms of fixing the game as they are the clubs. They are incapable of objective, unbiased decision making. Then you have the RFU who don?t control anything in the premiership and are useless at what they do control.

+1