Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps plan new ?Wasps Nest Stadium? and return to Premiership by 2025-26  (Read 6014 times)

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Come on Wasps, looking for an excuse to buy this!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Would have been even better if it had Norton on it!

Laterontoday

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
An interesting but expected future plan and ideal. Good for the new club to have ambition but I think most, including me, would like an idea if next season is going to happen.  As others have said long term plans are just that plans and dreams, whereas plans for next season would be more tangible and something we can get excited about. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Any actual idea when the Championship matches start in 23/24.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
It all means nothing unless and until we have a squad!

Marlovian

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

After the World Cup I believe. During the World Cup are the pool stages of the Premiership/Championship Cup.

Egret

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

After the World Cup I believe. During the World Cup are the pool stages of the Premiership/Championship Cup.

If Wasps are playing in the Championship then are they/do they have to also playing in the Premiership/Championship cup?

Rampant

• Henley
    • View Profile
Wasps want the 'Wasps Nest'. But, can they have it, by 26/27/28? Not a chance if a project they can hijack has not already been 'in progress' for 5-7 years. That is the reality of our planning system. I don't know what it is like in Warwick, but in my district council, next door Stratford, it can take a year for even simple planning applications in areas where development is generally permitted, to get their first hearing (ignore maximum waiting times for planning applications, it simply doesn't happen round here).

Planning around Warwick Gateway is bonkers. A private owner is trying to develop an old farmhouse and the council is saying "no", but thousands of bland homes around the plot are getting thrown up.

However to your point about the Leam FC community stadium being the Wasps Nest, I get the feeling the council is likely to fast track planning to make sure the community has an asset rather than just the developers getting rich selling houses. If anything it would be in the interest of the council to almost gift the land as long as they get a say in some of the facilities that can be created there

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Yes, my fathers farm house and the cottages and farm buildings is in Warwick (a mile from the site we are discussing), with thousands of houses going up in the fields around him. The farmer who now owns the farm had no end of difficulty getting permission to build a house for the farm manager, with the condition it was used only for someone connected to farming. But the farm's fields are now gone and converted to houses. Bonkers.

But, getting permission in Warwick hinges heavily on who you know. A large firm of local solicitors some years ago bought a very nice bungalow with gorgeous gardens ready to knock it down and bulldoze the gardens. Funny how they did that in the middle of the night of the day before a listed building order got placed on what had by then ceased to exist. I wonder how that happened?

Rampant

• Henley
    • View Profile
Haha yes, that sounds familiar.

Of course, the club also does/did have a good connection with a large legal firm that used to sponsor the club.
Who are coincidentally just up the road from the Leam Community stadium site

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Living in the same area, it?s not escaped my notice that planning inspectors are able to drive 7-series BMWs while looking like they?ve just stepped out of Uni.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
Haha yes, that sounds familiar.

Of course, the club also does/did have a good connection with a large legal firm that used to sponsor the club.
Who are coincidentally just up the road from the Leam Community stadium site

Yes, that firm's name always made me laugh.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
As in, it's a...

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile