Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Dai in trouble  (Read 3088 times)

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Dai in trouble
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2023, 03:31:47 PM »
My info involves at least 2 people, and they had first hand knowledge having been personally involved.  They asked me not to repeat it, so I'm sure you would wish me to respect that.  My apologies to you.  It will be interesting to hear Cardiff's views. 

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2023, 07:08:41 PM »

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2023, 10:39:41 PM »
Sorry but I can't break promises.  He began well.  Man-management not good at all.  Sorry.

Really pointless to go "I'm not surprised, but I couldn't possibly explain why!". Adds nothing but speculation towards your comments, which begs the question why say anything if you can't elaborate?

I disagree.  Someone saying "I've got some confidential information which I can't share, but this fits well" is definitely worth hearing.

Assuming the info is correct, not saying it isn't but it's very easy to say I know this confidential info but can't say anything or prove it.

There used to be 2 guys on one of the Wasps Facebook groups who posted stuff claiming they had some insight, seemed close to the truth but never spot on, they got called out when they said something about Jimmy I think putting his house up for sale and Elizabeth Jaggs, tagged in Jimmy's wife asking if she had heard they were moving.

I get that, but this is Wonky, and she definitely mentioned it at the time. And on top of that has sponsored players in the past and met many of them and their families.

So if she says she's heard something my inclination is to believe her.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2023, 07:54:21 AM »
Thank you VV.  I haven't (if anyone is wondering) imagined or invented anything that I've written on either Wasp thread - ever.  I'm not good at porkies.  I gave my word to  2 people who knew I would stick to my word, and  that I will do.  The Cardiff Affair rang a great many bells for me and (like you all) I await the outcome.  I do apologise to everyone.  I didn't mean to annoy anyone.   Again  -  thank you VV.  I'll now ''zip my lip''.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2023, 09:20:30 AM »
Thank you VV.  I haven't (if anyone is wondering) imagined or invented anything that I've written on either Wasp thread - ever.  I'm not good at porkies.  I gave my word to  2 people who knew I would stick to my word, and  that I will do.  The Cardiff Affair rang a great many bells for me and (like you all) I await the outcome.  I do apologise to everyone.  I didn't mean to annoy anyone.   Again  -  thank you VV.  I'll now ''zip my lip''.

My apologies, I now agree with yourself and VV. It is actually helpful hearing this, even if frustrating we can't hear more. Thank you.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2023, 10:15:50 AM »
sorry, HDAWG, and thank you for being so understanding.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2023, 07:53:27 AM »
My info involves at least 2 people, and they had first hand knowledge having been personally involved.  They asked me not to repeat it, so I'm sure you would wish me to respect that.  My apologies to you.  It will be interesting to hear Cardiff's views.

As I said not saying the info was wrong, it's always difficult when someone says I know X but can't say too much.

I've had similar comments as when Wasps moved to Coventry I became, through the original Move Like a Pro workshops and touch rugby, friends with some of the Wasps staff, so much so that I got conned into standing in the middle of the pitch at the Ricoh at half time doing a chat with Doran Jones on MLAP, I found out at the start of half time. LOL

Before the match against Saints I was told by one of those friends that things would get messy but 3 options of buyers so Wasps were going to be okay, pretty much what it turns out the players were told.

ON Dai, I think in places we saw the way Dai worked as when any player said they were off to X, Y or Z they never played again unless there was no option.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2023, 08:03:02 AM »
They got blanked.  Maybe (or maybe not) Cardiff will put an end to such action; I hope they do.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2023, 12:27:10 PM »
They didn't even have to be 'off anywhere'.  It could just 'happen'.  For two weeks at any time.  To anyone.  Man-management??  Phooey.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2023, 12:54:26 PM »
Personally, if someone wants away, then I don't have a problem with not selecting them.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BlackAndGoldSunglasses

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2023, 01:48:34 PM »
Haven't seen anything about this other than what I've read on this thread, but if it's just people throwing their toys out of the pram because Dai's not picking them, then it's a storm in a tea cup, no?

If it's more than that then we'll have to see, I guess.

I appreciate this post adds nothing to the conversation :)

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2023, 04:19:11 PM »
Always wanted to know why Varndell was frozen out. Seemed to lose favour. It was balls to suggest that it was on form,  from the outside it looked odd.
Nothing ever said.
Sailosi was signed, looked slower and less effective, and we had articles all year about the missing TV.
Freezing out players moving on is one thing, but do some move on because they are frozen out?