Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Sarries lose  (Read 2052 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sarries lose
« on: December 22, 2018, 10:46:19 PM »
22 game winning streak came to an end today. I know I should care, but I struggle to enjoy Exeter winning yet another game with their kick>maul>try one dimensional game.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Sarries lose
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 10:52:51 PM »
Odd to see Sarries run out of energy. It really doesn't matter, they are both so far ahead. I still put a bet on Sarries in a final against Exeter again.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 11:31:21 PM »
22 game winning streak came to an end today. I know I should care, but I struggle to enjoy Exeter winning yet another game with their kick>maul>try one dimensional game.

My feelings entirely. I found it a very dull game. Once Exe got their rolling mauls set up then a score seemed virtually inevitable. Cowan-Dickie, Williams, Penalty, Kvesic - all I think from a rolling maul or a pick and go. Sarries badly missed Itoje and his elastic arms. Kruis and Isiekwe pretty much got nowhere. What Stuart Hogg will make of it, I do not know.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 05:09:45 AM »
I thought Farrell looked very average. He took the ball deep and standing still half the time and simply shovelled it on to whoever was outside him.

For a neutral or non rugby fan that was not a good advert for the game (considering they are the 2 best teams by far in the GP) and CVC have their work cut out to increase viewership and expand into new markets.

Exeter's modus operandi of scrum penalty, kick to corner, lineout, driving maul, try is very effective but its dull to watch for a neutral and is very limited as they have found when going up against european competitors and non GP league referees

PS - Barrett is going to be very fortunate to retire with no serious long term head or facial problems. He seems to take massive knocks every week
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 05:12:41 AM by BG »

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 08:41:05 AM »
There's no denying it was a turgid game with impressive arm wrestling from Exeter to win the game comfortably.

I expect Wasps and Bath to put on a much better spectacle this afternoon.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 09:08:15 AM »
I expect Wasps and Bath to put on a much better spectacle this afternoon.
I certainly hope so!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here