Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Premiership Management Changes  (Read 1486 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Premiership Management Changes
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2023, 07:09:37 AM »
And Borthwick is living with his head where the sun does not shine :

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/65908207

Players are always only one game away from a career ending injury, so you cannot blame them from taking what is on offer elsewhere. Premiership Rugby is going down the tubes.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 07:47:44 AM »
?Been given permission to make decisions on behalf of the 10 remaining Premiership clubs?. Firstly that is just never going to happen if those decisions aren?t agreed at Saracens, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and Tigers. Secondly aren?t these mainly the same people who are already in charge? Wood is a token addition in the desperate grasp for credibility.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2023, 09:42:34 AM »
Borthwick added that lock Joe Launchbury - who has been playing in Japan following Wasps' demise, but will return to Harlequins next season - will be available for selection once he has recovered from a leg injury.

Really hope he can have a run of fitness and get back into the England side again

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2023, 09:49:39 AM »
?Been given permission to make decisions on behalf of the 10 remaining Premiership clubs?. Firstly that is just never going to happen if those decisions aren?t agreed at Saracens, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and Tigers. Secondly aren?t these mainly the same people who are already in charge? Wood is a token addition in the desperate grasp for credibility.
+1

Another entry in to the RFUs list of can kicking exercises.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2023, 09:59:02 AM »
+1

PRL
Let me tell you something cucumber

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2023, 10:07:09 AM »
+1

PRL
oops, brain not engaged.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2023, 10:09:47 AM »
Personally I think this is going in the right direction. I have doubts whether it will work, but its better than doing nothing.
Tom Wood comes over as  a very decent & down to earth bloke so I can't see him towing any party lines he doesn't agree with.

I'll give it a chance before slagging it off.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2023, 12:04:56 PM »
Personally I think this is going in the right direction. I have doubts whether it will work, but its better than doing nothing.
Tom Wood comes over as  a very decent & down to earth bloke so I can't see him towing any party lines he doesn't agree with.

I'll give it a chance before slagging it off.

I'd sit on the same bench here and give it a chance. But they really do need to move quickly and decisively and not kick matters down the road.

My work was in governance (flash word for auditor!) and such an approach (governance based) would be good for rugby. But - the problem may be that the "project" Pro Rugby in England is in such a state that even with the advice from people involved in Prem Football money etc  there isn't a viable outcome.

This wasn't uncommon in projects I reviewed and advised upon. The main problem often being "you wouldn't start from here" And Prem Rugby seems to fall into such a category.....