Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Am I cynical?  (Read 5105 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Am I cynical?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 02:47:31 PM »
- That Dimes is Dimes.  He’s an old school character, the players by and large love him and know that what they see is what they get - He’s taskmaster who takes no prisoners, but who ultimately loves and leads his players and has experience they can draw on - and hence why the likes of Cips, JoC, Yarde and Ashton have all ended up there and seemingly thrived

I do take issue with pressure put onto the Medical Staff and Players over HIAs - which was really the root of the original article.  DoRs and Coaches need to accept that if a player claims they are suffering from symptoms, or the medical staff believe they need a HIA that there are no questions asked and they’re trusted to do the neccessary checks and only put players back on the pitch when it’s safe to do so.

The bit that I found interesting reading an article with Dimes is that Sale have, and have often had in recent years, the best record in relation to injuries of any club in the league.

I don't know how true that is, but it does suggest that he doesn't play particularly fast and loose with his players safety.

I also agree that it's unlikely that the likes of de Clerk would have re-signed if it was such a horrible environment

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »
Dimes - old school. Bottle of smelling salts and an ice cold sponge. Stop whingeing and get on with it.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 04:35:21 PM »
By all accounts the lack of injuries is the lack of contact in training - Which is somewhat ironic given the ‘old-fashioned’ label

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 04:39:43 PM »
By all accounts the lack of injuries is the lack of contact in training - Which is somewhat ironic given the ‘old-fashioned’ label
Given that 90% of injuries happen in a game i don't buy that line