Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Reasons to be positive  (Read 7055 times)

Gaz

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons to be positive
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 08:51:25 AM »
I tend to agree. I'm not offended but I don't like cheapshot sniping at other clubs or their supporters mainly because I used to go to a lot of football matches and the rivalry creates an extremely vitriolic atmosphere that I don't tend to experience at rugby matches. Just my perspective but I also recognise it as humour!

Also, if I may add, the DW site is much maligned by the supercilious on here and indeed on DW itself, but I would add that while it isn't the platform that is oft criticised (although the platform isn't great), but the content and the people that create it. If alternative opinion will be allowed on this site I think you should expect to find yourself in disagreement once again, albeit on a better platform, but that is what makes discussion interesting.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 09:55:28 AM »
In this day and age, I find it extraordinary that the first unread post in a thread cannot be accessed instantly on SportsNetwork. Shedweb, the new Quins site and here all have this facility. Very, very easy to use. The threads on the DW site can get very long and it is so tedious to have to scroll through multiple pages to read new posts.
I registered on the DW site April, 2007 and have made nearly 7000 posts and have authored several articles to help keep the site alive. Though I appreciate debate on an open forum, I don't appreciate posters from other clubs turning up, treating it as their own and being (apparently) shocked that there is a Wasps bias.
I have always had a short fuse which I guess is getting shorter and more easily combustible with age but I really don't like some of the more recent posters on DW who seem to have their own agenda.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 02:26:40 PM »
Another genuine reason to be positive is the Instagram video posted by Jack Willis which shows that his recovery is going very well. When he's back

Willis - Shields - Young will be one hell of a back row, with Nemo to come on.

Has Shields played 8?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 03:05:56 PM »
Another genuine reason to be positive is the Instagram video posted by Jack Willis which shows that his recovery is going very well. When he's back

Willis - Shields - Young will be one hell of a back row, with Nemo to come on.

Has Shields played 8?

A lot for Hurricanes, yes.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 03:35:12 PM »
I tend to agree. I'm not offended but I don't like cheapshot sniping at other clubs or their supporters mainly because I used to go to a lot of football matches and the rivalry creates an extremely vitriolic atmosphere that I don't tend to experience at rugby matches. Just my perspective but I also recognise it as humour!

Also, if I may add, the DW site is much maligned by the supercilious on here and indeed on DW itself, but I would add that while it isn't the platform that is oft criticised (although the platform isn't great), but the content and the people that create it. If alternative opinion will be allowed on this site I think you should expect to find yourself in disagreement once again, albeit on a better platform, but that is what makes discussion interesting.

Gaz, it was clearly humorous and should have been taken as such. If a quins supported came on here he wouldn't even bat an eyelid at that comment quite honestly, so I'm not sure why anybody felt the need to highlight it. If someone says all 'quins supporters are utter tw@ts' then yes, fair enough, have a word...as it should have read 'the ones that have posted in their Dave Ward thread'  ;D (Joke). Life too short to be pulling people up on nothing, its just negativity, something that maligns the DW site.
Alternative opinion has been presented by myself on this subject in this reply, as such it has become discussion....so all good.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 09:36:13 AM »
I assumed Beardy was actually having a laugh and it was faux outrage. Turns out he apparently doesn't have a sense of humour....

Personally I know a lot of Quins fans & whilst some are very good friends I am very happy I am not one of them, just as they are probably extremely happy not to be a wasps fan, especially at the moment!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 09:42:00 AM »
Let's try and avoid insulting people. We're all different with different opinions after all. That's why forums work...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 10:14:19 AM »
Let's try and avoid insulting people. We're all different with different opinions after all.

Whilst I completely agree, having a different opinion is not insulting people. I don't think this forum, or any other, should be seen as some snowflake "safe space" where everyone just agrees with each other because they are scared of upsetting other people.

If people can't disagree, its going to be a pretty boring forum!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
Let's try and avoid insulting people. We're all different with different opinions after all. That's why forums work...

Isn't that a quote from the life of brian?  :D

BeardyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 12:22:54 PM »
Dear All
I stand by my point that it is not nice to citicise supporters of other clubs simply for being supporters of other clubs.  I think it is unecessarily silly and nasty.  Rugby should be friendlier and more inclusive than this.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2019, 12:43:39 PM »
I'm not trying to be a pedant but Wasps didn't criticise Quins' fans  he said that, jokingly, that he isn't one.. which is different to saying "Quins' fans are a bunch of .... ", which he didn't. If he had, then yes, that would be an insult.

Either way... mountain... molehill comes to mind

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2019, 04:03:27 PM »

VV...not sure where the insults are. Its just support that people can have a tongue in cheek laugh, if 1 person is ultra prissy, then thats no reason for the humour to stop, that's their problem...life's too short on DW, don't need it here.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2019, 09:49:18 PM »
“If people can't disagree, its going to be a pretty boring forum!”

Oh no it’s not!
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.