General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

Government at odds with Premiership rugby clubs over ?150million Covid-19 loans.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Neils:

--- Quote from: NellyWellyWaspy on March 31, 2024, 12:36:19 PM ---Unless there is strong political pressure (from the PM), HMRC simply ignore any requests and pleas. You owe it. It is due. Pay or we will see you in Court. Soon. They do not care for the societal consequences.

--- End quote ---

Which as a tax payer I am in full agreement with.

Bloke in North Dorset:

--- Quote from: NellyWellyWaspy on March 31, 2024, 12:36:19 PM ---Unless there is strong political pressure (from the PM), HMRC simply ignore any requests and pleas. You owe it. It is due. Pay or we will see you in Court. Soon. They do not care for the societal consequences.

--- End quote ---
As far AIUI this isn't an HMRC issue, its a loan from DCMS. So as long as the clubs are paying their taxes it should be none of HMRCs business.

westwaleswasp:
I will vote for anyone, Farage, Corbyn, Johnson, Sunak, Truss, Starmer, Davey,  Marx (Karl, Groucho, Marks and Spencers, I don't care) who promises to call in the loans and sends the shitshow off stage.
Bonus points for bankrupting Tigers, whose fans met our demise with little short of glee.

RogerE:

--- Quote from: Bloke in North Dorset on March 31, 2024, 02:54:04 PM ---

--- End quote ---
As far AIUI this isn't an HMRC issue, its a loan from DCMS. So as long as the clubs are paying their taxes it should be none of HMRCs business.

--- End quote ---
However the HMRC are acting as "collection agents" for the DCMS. If I remember correctly it was them deciding that we were likely to default on tax (which they had previously came to an arrangement about) and the DCMS loan that brought about our demise.

NellyWellyWaspy:

--- Quote from: RogerE on March 31, 2024, 08:16:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bloke in North Dorset on March 31, 2024, 02:54:04 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
However the HMRC are acting as "collection agents" for the DCMS. If I remember correctly it was them deciding that we were likely to default on tax (which they had previously came to an arrangement about) and the DCMS loan that brought about our demise.

--- End quote ---

Yes, they are the collection agents for these loans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version