General Category > Wasps Rugby Discussion

So what do we think is happening?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Neils:
3 hopefully but still think 1 is most likely.  The RFU have no ability in anything.

BlackAndGoldSunglasses:
Preference would be for #3. New games, new opponents, new grounds to visit. Two fingers up to the RFU.

Without getting into the whole "what is Prem 2" thing (especially around P-shares for current Prem clubs etc) and whether the RFU want to emulate the successful French Top 14 / Pro D2 model (difference being they all have an equal say across all 30 clubs) and *if* it can be made to work then option #2 would be agreeable.

Realistically though? #1

coddy:
I think the club has put too much time and effort for option 1 to happen.

I'd guess the RFU will put a big enough carrot or stick to the current championship sides to make option 2 happen

I think option 3 is less likely than option 2

westwaleswasp:
I would rather 1 than 2, unless 2 actually has promotion, ensured, regardless of stadium.
It won't.

baldpaul101:
I think a franchised prem 2 will happen, with or without all the Champ clubs being involved.
No idea whether that will have promotion to prem 1 or promotion from whatever is below prem 2, nor whether any promotion comes with non playing requirements like un-realistic stadia or other nonsense like how many social media followers you have!
When? can't see anything being in place for the 24-25 season given the current massive gulf between the PRL & Champonship.
Not sure I would want to actually be part of such a competition, but that will depend on the details which don't exist at the moment.
Equally I don't think I would want to be part of the URC either (no salary cap, no relegation/promotion, pretty unrealistsic away days, dubious quality & no England players in the team) and I am not sure that would ever happen anyway either.
As for a 28k stadium in Kent & sustainable finance etc, sorry, but in the absence of a competition to play in I can't believe any of that is going to happen either.
So option 1 seems the likeliest outcome IMO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version