Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Thoughts vs. Saints  (Read 6439 times)

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts vs. Saints
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 07:35:07 PM »
Campo seemed to have a real impact at 13 so I'd certainly go with that. Le Booj has been reasonable at 12 and dug in, although if JdJ is available I'd start with him at 12.  Daly can either be rested or make up numbers on the wing.

I'd go Nemo at 8 as he was pretty good against Quin's.

If Launch is fit enough then he is ready enough in my mind as he will hopefully instill some confidence.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 10:14:05 AM »
I'm another of the opinion that if a player is fit enough to be on the bench then they ought to start.  Then they can play for as long as they can and have a replacement ready to come on.  So I'd start Launch if he is fit.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 11:29:55 AM »
Don't we have to give Daly a break at some point as per the England rules?

Assume this would need to be before they disappear off for the 6N's?

I'm not sure if this discussion took place on this forum or DW but it seems that each Eng player has to have one game/week off within the 4 following weeks of the AI's and 6N's (this may alter depending on how many minutes were played in the Int window byt that player).

I believe ED missed one of the European games. There was some debate as to whether this complied with that rule as its not the GP but I'm guessing it counts as a week off.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 11:42:24 AM »
Re Saints game

Do we expect Brad to be Captain again? I understand he is a leader in training (not just for us, was at 'Canes etc before) as I get the feeling of a more than decent leader and it might help focus the team members?

Looking at Saints vs Exeter, they were not afraid to run in the backs, from deep, they played with confidence behind the pack. The pack were a little wobbly (to precis a lot!) So probably we need to kick with some care and keep defensive discipline. i think if we have the decent props up for the game, we can put pressure on their pack and ought to have the back row edge. I'd certainly kick for the corner if the option came up.

I think we can win, its probably more down to us than them!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 02:37:38 PM »
A captain needs a voice so i'd say yes but if Launch is back, it's a tough call, not as much a voice but def a pitch leader.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 03:11:41 PM »
Launch is back for this game, along with Hughes, Daly and Robson.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 03:28:36 PM »
Nearly back at full strength, still lacking some bench depth but getting there, would love to see Taylor back. In tandem with this a great article on Rugbypass (very balanced) about Lima. https://www.rugbypass.com/news/why-hasnt-lima-sopoaga-caught-fire-in-his-first-season-with-wasps

It was fine when I left it.....

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 03:34:30 PM »
Unfortunately, both TT and Chesty are still having problems with concussion recovery. I hope that for both of them this doesn't prove to be anything worse.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 03:38:49 PM »
Unfortunately, both TT and Chesty are still having problems with concussion recovery. I hope that for both of them this doesn't prove to be anything worse.

Launch will make a difference and give one of our locks a break.

This has been a worrying length of time for both. From a Wasps point of view whilst great they have re signed, if they dont get it sorted by the end of the season you do have to wonder...

Same with Reider, I'm not even sure where he fits in the team now he's been out so long.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2019, 03:56:08 PM »
That a very interesting article!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2019, 04:25:25 PM »

That's handy....our bench back rowers will be decent choices!

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2019, 04:48:29 PM »
I am reasonably happy on who is available, fingers crossed that Porter gets the nod over Hampson. Hampson stepped up when needed and got chances, but is not good enough, whereas Porter with some game time will be good enough.
It was fine when I left it.....

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2019, 07:30:48 PM »
Concussion protocols are still pretty new things and I'm sure teams are being very careful that they're looking after their players.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of players would have played through these kind of symptoms even just 2-3 years ago, and still continued to have a career for another 5-10 years.

What's important is that we're looking after our players and making sure they're right before selecting them