Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Bath Game  (Read 4787 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Bath Game
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 09:23:41 PM »
I thought Rob Miller played very well, good under the high ball, kicked his goals and made a couple of very decent try saving tackles against their big back row runners. Can't blame him for our lack of attacking prowess as the backs as a whole were absent as a attacking force.

I agree.

So do I, thought he looked keen, if a little rusty occasionally.

Yes I agree plus I agree with rusty. He just needs game time AND to stay fit.  BW (before Willie) he was very very good.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 07:50:50 AM »
Was pleased for Miller, thought he was solid and hope he gains confidence. He was forced into a chancey long pass when he covered fly half, but other than that thought he was doing well.

Tempting to think the wheel is falling off, but personally think it just needs re-balancing. There are players coming through and getting game time as a result of injuries. Especially given this was a dead rubber, I actually think Searle coming on was pre-planned, like Dai has done before. Dai is giving him game time. Sopps got himself sent off, don't think you can then punish Searle to keep Sopps happy. Thought Searle had been kicking well, at least he was good from the tee.

Umaga seems to be being managed very carefully, getting game time around the world with good teams. Maybe he should just be given a chance in the premiership like Smith, but seems a bit risky to me.

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 08:31:13 AM »
Keeping Searle on was the correct decision, he himself needed some meaningful game time.  Sopps experience may have meant we pinched the win but then again it might not have.

We need to get Miller back in and playing to build his confidence. The cup games have come at a good time to allow him to play.  It might also be a good opportunity to give Umaga a chance to shine.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 08:39:05 AM »
Slightly off topic but when have we ever stayed there! Umaga is progressing well and appears to have a future with us. I have a couple of hopes - 1. That he has discussed with Senior management (Not just the Academy staff) his progress path and what both parties expect. & 2. We have him under as long a contract as is possible or he will be snatched by someone else.
Let me tell you something cucumber