Always a Wasp

Author Topic: HEC last 8  (Read 2540 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
HEC last 8
« on: January 19, 2019, 11:48:30 PM »
So it is :

Sarries, Racing, Leinster, Edinburgh, Ulster, Toulouse, Munster and Glasgow. Final seeding will be determined after the two games tomorrow. Hard to see anything but wins for Leinster and Toulouse.

Ireland 3/3, Scotland 2/2, France 2/6 England 1/7 and Wales 0/2.

A bit of a damning indictment on how rugby in France, England and Wales is managed.

Chilham

• View Profile
Re: HEC last 8
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 08:38:44 AM »
For the Challenge Cup:

England 5/5, Ireland 1/1, France 2/8, Italy 0/2, Wales 0/2, Others 0/2

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:41:41 AM »
It's interesting to see the two together. It would suggest that Ireland are doing very well, England are playing at a level somewhere between the two, and everyone else is struggling.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 09:25:25 AM »
To me it shows the competitiveness and strength in depth of the English league compared to the other two. Another reason to keep the salary cap also I would suggest.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 09:27:24 AM »
It's interesting to see the two together. It would suggest that Ireland are doing very well, England are playing at a level somewhere between the two, and everyone else is struggling.
In terms of Eng clubs not making it through.. its not just the fact that only Sarries made it through but also the fact that on the whole Eng clubs are propping up the botton of the groups seemingly way off the levels needed to compete.

I suspect the Challenge Cup format will change soon as well. BT don't televise it (do Sky, ESPN?) so I'm not sure who does but I've not seen one game this season. The French clubs are renowned for not taking it seriously and then you throw into the mix some Russian, Romainian Georgian clubs and the competiton is beginnning to look like a bit of a pointless exercise.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 09:59:20 AM »
Nobody in this country covers the Challenge cup but BT are covering ALL matches from now on.
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 08:34:22 PM »

Really?

Only if you ignore the fact that both Scottish teams who are in the Champions Cup qualified for the quarter finals.