Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Rumours  (Read 10104 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Rumours
« on: January 20, 2019, 11:30:53 AM »
None I can see in TRP. MAIL has a bit about Worcester complaining to RFU about our training centre in theircatchment. If we transgress RFU will take our area away- not under CVC you won't!
He whose name must not be mentioned does only have a one year deal with the fake west countryers. Toulon and Clermont circling.
Nice article on Fekitoa in Mail.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Rumours
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 11:50:54 AM »
Link to the Mail article:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/article-6611087/Malakai-Fekitoa-signing-Wasps-missing-World-Cup-feeding-30-relatives.html

One of the comments made me smile: Tarzinthesun, Dubai - "Another ££££ chaser", reply from BB61, Ealing - "And what made you decide to settle in Dubai?"
 ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 12:21:35 PM »
None I can see in TRP. MAIL has a bit about Worcester complaining to RFU about our training centre in theircatchment. If we transgress RFU will take our area away- not under CVC you won't!
He whose name must not be mentioned does only have a one year deal with the fake west countryers. Toulon and Clermont circling.
Nice article on Fekitoa in Mail.

I still don't understand the the catchment area idea associated with clubs academies? Is the catchment area designed with academy players in mind or the even younger U18's.

Surely players can join an academy or U18 section of their choice anywhere in the country and not be tied to a club that's within your area. The fact Wuss have dibs on South Warwickshire is surprising anyway. I would have thought a club catchment  area would be whatever county they are in. And its not as if Worcester don't have good rugby schools in the area either

Regarding the rumour about he who can't be mentioned. Where has the titbit aired? I'm not at all surprised but I'm guessing there is always the option of signing another 1 yr deal with Glaws but again that will depend on the likelihood of him being picked for the WC squad

Ford is playing a lot better now and Fazza will never be dropped due to his kicking and ability to play 10 or 12. So is there room for 3 10's?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:29:37 PM by BG »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 12:25:05 PM »
Titbits are in the Sunday Mail and on the website. Got of the Mail is close to he who erc.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 12:55:37 PM by Neils »

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »
Turn its are in the Sunday Mail and on the website. Got of the Mail is close to he who erc.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-worcester-warriors-settle-coventry-11627796

Looks like the problem was mainly sovled a while ago but it seems the main bone of contention is who gets to link up with Warwick School who are one of the top rugby schools in the country and have probably got better training facilities than Wasps themselves currently.

Wasps proposed training facilitiy is only about 4 miles from that school.

As a result a few of Warwick U18's also play at Old Leamingtonians RFC.. which is where the proposed new Wasps training site is going to be.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if the school themselves ask to be moved within the Wasps catchment area.

As to Cips. . the DM article is a somewhat unclear. It says Cips contract ends next year.. so does that mean at the end of this season or actually at the end of next season? I still can't see Toulon or Clermont signing him though.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2019, 12:50:42 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 01:55:52 PM »
Historically, and still in some cases currently, more players from Coventry and surrounding Warwickshire area end up with Tigers Academy than Worcester or even Wasps so far!

Green Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 02:59:15 PM »
(First post on here!)
Nothing in relation to us specifically but wonder if with Nathan’s departure we would look to Ben Morgan who looks like leaving Gloucester? Haven’t heard any more about Sione Vailanu.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 03:04:48 PM »
Welcome Green Wasp!

With the Willis boys both being likely to feature next season I suspect we're not too worried about replacing Nathan.  I could easily be wrong though.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 03:45:58 PM »
Summary of the rumours to date:
OUT
  • JCW to Sale - Complete
    Willie to Japan - Leaving, destination unknown
    Nathan to Bristol - Complete
    Stuart to Bath - Complete
    Simmo to Ealing or Quins - ?
    Daly to Saracens - ?
IN
  • Fekitoa - Complete
  • Jeff Toomaga Allen - Complete
  • Vellacott - ?
  • George Worth - ?
  • Naholo - ? - Not sure I believe this one from the Rugby Pod

Jack Owlett I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere.

Have I missed any?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 04:37:10 PM »
Owlett on the Offy.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 07:19:40 PM »
Interesting that contract discussions are not supposed to happen until this month but all the rumours about Wasps players leaving have been around for several months. The rumour about Fekitoa was probably the longest-runnng one and nobody seemed to know about Toomaga-Allen and Owlett.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 08:16:48 PM »
Clearly the January thing is a complete fabrication. I'm not entirely sure why clubs bother to keep up the pretend to be honest.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 08:36:30 PM »
You can't talk to a player, you can talk to his agent.

So whilst the contract can't be signed, everything can be setup.