Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps Vs Leinster  (Read 13816 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps Vs Leinster
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
Yes. This really ought to be sorted out one way or another. Don't know why there hasn't been an announcement yet. As I posted elsewhere, I believe there must be still some haggling going on and it is not quite as cut and dried as we have been lead to believe. Elliot is clearly distracted. On this form he shouldn't be anywhere near an England jersey. This affair could well affect his WC place.

Add to that, if I were a Saracens supporter or player, I would seriously be querying what he adds and where he takes them, based on his recent performances and petulant attitude. If he got his head down at Wasps then he will hit the heights again. EJ watched him yesterday and I am in no doubt, he would be questioning his inclusion.
It was fine when I left it.....

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »
It may be a case of how do Wasps/Daly actually do this? The changes after the Bath/Tigers swap (was it them?) mean you simply can't go. The contract has to be broken. Daly may or may not have a clause giving him the opportunity to break, but he might have to take that to court or arbitration. Not good for either side and certainly not quick. Even if he could simply say, 'I am using clause x to leave.' The second he does that, he goes, and he would lose his pay etc for the rest of this year, and, out of contract, maybe his England place. So, if that is the case, he has to do it the day after his last pay cheque for this season. Is that in May or in late summer?

Or, Sarries need to find a hole in their salary cap to make way for him now (unlikely), and then Daly and Wasps simply part company by mutual agreement (which is allowed by the rules). The trouble is, Daly won't want to get injured in any Wasps games, so one might think that he is less committed in contact situations. That appears to be what we are seeing in his recent appearances. He looked to actually step away from catching a high ball on Sunday, and also threw the ball away instead of taking his time and passing accurately. His tackling was far from stellar.

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »
The only way Saracens could take him now is for one of their end of season departures to step away early. That won't happen as those departing players will leaving money on the table to accommodate ED. At the moment the only players I am aware that aware leaving Saracens are Schalk Burger and David Strettle, that will free up salary cap but not now and probably not enough to make room for ED. The other things that crossed my mind is a player trade potentially part of any deal. ED is under contract so Wasps may be looking for more than we'll just release him because you want us to....who knows. All I know is the longer it goes on, the more like a passenger he is becoming.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 11:45:38 AM »
The only way Saracens could take him now is for one of their end of season departures to step away early. That won't happen as those departing players will leaving money on the table to accommodate ED. At the moment the only players I am aware that aware leaving Saracens are Schalk Burger and David Strettle, that will free up salary cap but not now and probably not enough to make room for ED. The other things that crossed my mind is a player trade potentially part of any deal. ED is under contract so Wasps may be looking for more than we'll just release him because you want us to....who knows. All I know is the longer it goes on, the more like a passenger he is becoming.

I'm pretty sure there's a handful leavng Sarries... Marcello Bosch.. Skelton in addition to the 2 you've named

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 12:33:22 PM »
I had forgotten about those two, I do recall them being called out as leaving. I try no to think about Saracens too much, they raise my BP with all of the ED nonsense going on....