Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Future money  (Read 2026 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Future money
« on: February 21, 2019, 08:12:00 AM »
Yet more evidence that the Wasps board are taking a very long term view.

Building a hotel is not cheap and is likely to put a serious dent in cash flow for a while, but should enable them to dramatically increase their income in the future.

I suspect this will be used to show how we are failing by people who don't realise we are working to a long term plan.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/ricoh-arena-hotel-plan-wasps-15860331
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Future money
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 08:32:21 AM »
I would have thought they will do the development with a current hotel chain as a partner so Wasps themselves might not be putting much of their own money into the project. Still, if it adds to the revenue sream then that's good. They will be doing well to get it up and running by 2021 though

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 08:40:02 AM »
Yes because part of the proposal was to replace car park C over the railway to the east so that would have to be completed before a site start. A bridge over a live railway does not happen quickly. It will be interesting to see what the ST car parking says next season.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 09:18:20 AM »
Trump Tower? When some one told him the Lady Godiva story, he started showing interest.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 09:24:33 AM »
Yes because part of the proposal was to replace car park C over the railway to the east so that would have to be completed before a site start. A bridge over a live railway does not happen quickly. It will be interesting to see what the ST car parking says next season.

I think the plan was to make use of some derelict land on the tesco side of the Ricoh train station to try and counter the lost spaces on car park C but I can't see anything affecting next season car parking

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 09:35:24 AM »
The outline originally published showed a bridge over to that site, I think, from the current A & B car park area to keep it apart from the shopping parking.
Let me tell you something cucumber