Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Launchbury off?  (Read 10888 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Launchbury off?
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2019, 08:42:48 AM »
It'll be interesting to see what is said about Daly in the light of this.  It does show things in a refreshingly different light to the majority of the talk there has been about Wasps of late.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2019, 10:47:19 AM »
Great response from Launchers. Love it ! I think we all expect Daly to be off, this quick response highlights it for me as the Elliott silence is deafening . Amongst all the negative comments I have heard recently about Daly, it strikes me that it has been a very difficult decision for him to leave and has really played on his mind, resulting in frustration and poor performance for some time. We shouldn’t forget what a great contributor  he has been for many years and be thankful for having him. I’m sure most fans feel this way, just my two penneth

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2019, 06:38:52 PM »

I thought the club did respond to all the Daly rumours by saying that he's under contract for next year.

Since then, there's now this additional speculation about the training ground clause.

That said, I think all the rumours about Daly leaving are true, and I suspect the training ground clause is real too.
However, I bet it's a grey enough clause that both sides can make a strong argument about it being met or not.
If that is the case, it probably explains the radio silence as neither side would be able to say anything until the legal bits are dealt with

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2019, 07:35:13 PM »
Well done Wasps and Joe for killing this.  Rugby Pass talking out of your your a---e!!!!!  Who will trust them again?