Always a Wasp

Author Topic: How long will the CVC money last... and what then?  (Read 5454 times)

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: How long will the CVC money last... and what then?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 11:16:57 AM »

An example for us would be Jack Willis and Haskell. Prior to his injury Willis was probably performing at a higher level than Hask, but I wonder what the wage difference ratio was.. 1 - 5 (20%)

True, but wind the clock back 12 months. If Jack Willis had come through a year earlier he'd have hit Haskell at his peak.
Not many would have wanted to displace "Australia tour" form Haskell for an untried youngster from the academy

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 11:48:25 AM »
True - either way it worked out perfectly for Jack and Dai as his progression sort of coincided with Hask running out of steam.

Back to CVC - What does everyone think Wasps should invest the various lumps sums into.

Apart from the blue seats at the stadium (which doesn't bother me one jot) nothing really needs to be done at the stadium now that a bigger screen has been put in. Other clubs (Exeter) might want to develop their slightly older (I'm being kind there) stands. I haven't been to many other clubs so I don't know how their stadia stack up. The Saints and Worcester ones are fine. What's Newcastle's like?

The pitch could possibly be better managed in the autumn period to leave a bit more growth on it to last through the winter but apart from that it holds up all year round

The obvious investment is the training facility (have the planning applications being applied for yet?)

Does Derek pay himself back a lump sum to counter all his previous investment?

Do the bond holders get a windfall?

Or free beer and burgers for everyone at one match?  ;D
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 11:57:21 AM by BG »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »
Agree that some should be used to make the training facility really happen quickly. Most of the rest to reduce our borrowing. The pitch will be better next year with no round ball on it.
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2019, 12:30:03 PM »
... The pitch will be better next year with no round ball on it.

Talking of which, I read somewhere that CCFC have not been paying their rent? I wonder if this is true?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2019, 12:38:12 PM »
If true kind of smacks of their actions with the Council and AHT before we appeared.
Let me tell you something cucumber

jamestaylor002

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2019, 12:45:53 PM »
... The pitch will be better next year with no round ball on it.

Talking of which, I read somewhere that CCFC have not been paying their rent? I wonder if this is true?

Surely this would mean that CCFC's argument for further legal action is reduced if this is the game they're playing now?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2019, 01:00:14 PM »
I read somewhere that CCFC have not been paying their rent? I wonder if this is true?

Can't say I've seen this mentioned anywhere and that includes SBT. I would have thought that this would be tantamount to suicide by CCFC if true.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »
My neighbours stopped paying rent as they knew they were being evicted, which seems sensible, but there are a lot more properties near where I live where they could move into unlike CCFC.

So either CCFC can't pay rent (if the rumour is true that they are not) or are choosing not to.

I'm guessing squatter rights don't apply to sports clubs?

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 03:54:43 PM »
Established internationals may not always cost a packet. Anyone know what Betsen got? I suspect it would not be a huge amount....