Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Naholo  (Read 16281 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Naholo
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 09:29:26 PM »
Apparently he's liking a lot of London Irish stuff on Instagram. Maymean Irish have him.
I just checked, he is liking almost every post. Money talks.....
It was fine when I left it.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 11:03:11 PM »
If we were after him I wonder where we will go next?
Let me tell you something cucumber

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2019, 06:27:04 AM »
I wonder if Frank the Tank would be up for a return? Also has Gabriel Ibitoye re-signed at quins? Or is he available still? He is an academy player still I believe and therefore cant officially be spoken too until April if I recall.

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 06:38:48 AM »
Frank hasn’t played very much at Pau, only 9 Top14 appearances since joining??? Ibitoye re-signed with Quins.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 09:11:27 AM »
I wonder if Frank the Tank would be up for a return? Also has Gabriel Ibitoye re-signed at quins? Or is he available still? He is an academy player still I believe and therefore cant officially be spoken too until April if I recall.

I read somewhere that Ibitoye had re-signed.

I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed by Frank the Tank, that being said.. top bloke. On the way back from an Exeter game our coach stopped halfway at some services on the way back. By coincidence a lot of the players had done the same and Frank took the time to come onto the coach to have a quick chat and apologise for losing to Exeter.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 09:23:22 AM »
Frank was great for a bit, and pretty ropey for another bit. I guess it showed that players have ups and downs.
You would not call his signing a failure, but it was not a run away success.

The thing about ex teammates being a pull or not being a pull for Naholo is that every team is a complex dynamic, we can't replicate the environment they were in, it would not be the same. It would be more like being a new pupil in a school where you know a couple of people rather than it would be like getting back with an old tennis partner or similar.

Signing for Irish makes a little sense for SH players, because any one of nine teams could get relegated, and they can't......

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2019, 09:24:16 AM »

I was left feeling a bit underwhelmed by Frank the Tank, that being said.. top bloke. On the way back from an Exeter game our coach stopped halfway at some services on the way back. By coincidence a lot of the players had done the same and Frank took the time to come onto the coach to have a quick chat and apologise for losing to Exeter.

It always depended on which Frank turned up for me, there were times when he was unplayable and others where he looked average at best. His Pau stats are poor in terms of appearances, and I recall seeing an article where his signing was being queried by Pau fans as he was looking distinctly average.

Some outlets are still saying that it is a two-horse race for Naholo (us and Irish), from his Instagram he looks a bit of a character, so the following Irish on Instagram activity may be a bit of a smokescreen, who knows.Are rugby players that devious, hold on I'll ask ED.....

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2019, 10:21:18 AM »

It always depended on which Frank turned up for me, there were times when he was unplayable and others where he looked average at best. His Pau stats are poor in terms of appearances, and I recall seeing an article where his signing was being queried by Pau fans as he was looking distinctly average.

Some outlets are still saying that it is a two-horse race for Naholo (us and Irish), from his Instagram he looks a bit of a character, so the following Irish on Instagram activity may be a bit of a smokescreen, who knows.Are rugby players that devious, hold on I'll ask ED.....

I doubt most rugby players even know how to spell devious (where is our forum thesaurus, WWW when we need him), whereas their agents?

I wonder if there is one company that is the major player when it comes to being agents to players? Given the level of wages salaries the commission wouldn't be enough for one agent to act for one player.

I wonder if IMG have got their fingers into this pie yet?

Didn't Itoje's agent get a slap on the wrist last year for something? Was it betting or conflict of interest possibly?

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2019, 07:55:28 AM »
More news but tbh it looks like recirculation of old'ish rumours....however Andy Goode is talking about Naholo and he is very close to the inner circle. https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/rugby-news-transfer-rumours-wasps-15756078

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2019, 08:32:06 AM »
I must admit when I read that yesterday I thought a total rehash of old blogs and forum rumours. However it is unusual for Bobby Bridge to put it into a tweet but the rumours to Irish are strong.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2019, 10:05:31 AM »
Has Bobby got Lima on speed dial?
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2019, 05:30:18 PM »
Fissler being cryptic on Twitter, feels like Naholo to Irish and several Irish supporters getting excited, of course could be football related.

https://twitter.com/neilfissler/status/1090996093872164864

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2019, 05:33:17 PM »
Saw that and wondered if it was Irish. But transfer deadline day so could be that instead.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2019, 05:35:03 PM »
Irish have just signed Rona an Aussie cap.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 05:41:04 PM »
Retallick to Sale would be more of a jaw dropper than Naholo to be honest.