Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Haskell  (Read 5313 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Haskell
« on: January 27, 2019, 08:57:25 AM »
Haskell makes the front page of TRP stating that he "understands Daly's moan about Wasps". Obviously not playing needs to up his profile. A dig at current and past training facilities.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: Haskell
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 09:00:24 AM »
IMO Hask is still bitter about not being extended at Wasps, as an almost Wasps lifer this is a selfish and unnecessary thing to get involved in. However it isn’t wholly surprising.
It was fine when I left it.....

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 09:12:11 AM »
I'm surprised it took him so long.

For a man who has been trying to make his fortune based on how in shape he is, he spends a lot of time whining about inadequate training facilities.

What is it they say about bad workmen?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 01:49:59 PM »
The substance of the article is a lot less inflammatory than the headline.
Talks about Acton unfavourably, and his new book. Praise for Robson too. Says the Briadstreet facilities are good for grass roots, but are grass roots. He could have said a lot worse, and it sees like he threw the Daly reference in to ensure a headline, and placement for the book.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 01:52:42 PM by westwaleswasp »

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 01:54:34 PM »
As I said he needs to up his profile.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 02:04:47 PM »
Hask was the leader of the player revolt two years ago. I am not surprised that Dai did not offer him a new contract.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 02:23:00 PM »
Hask was the leader of the player revolt two years ago. I am not surprised that Dai did not offer him a new contract.

I'm guessing Hask realises that he's at the end of his career so if someone puts a microphone under his nose then he'll say what he thinks.

From his podcasts (normally with Tindall) he doesn't sound like the type of player to throw someone (or a club) under the bus though, especially as he's still involved in the game and doesn't want to burn bridges.

Obviously the facilities at Broadstreet won't be the same as the standard at Pennyhill but as a few former players now in media have stated, effectively you need a pitch and a changing room... get on with it.

Players who have been accustomed to international level training facilities (incl backup staff) probably have a rose tinted view on what clubs should be offering them.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 02:45:07 PM »
VV, "What is it they say about bad workmen?"

I seem to remember Haskell's tool got him into trouble in the distant past!!!!

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 05:15:34 PM »
Sadly Hask is preoccupied with the limelight. It has got steadily worse since the Royal Wedding debacle...he spends practically no time playing rugby but has all the time in the world to appear on Loose Women, BBC Breakfast, Jeremy Vine etc. because he isn't fit. I find it galling that he attacks Wasps (admittedly a soft attack) there was no malice as far as I know around letting him go - just a business decision, he was well liked, however a player on a high salary who isn't playing due to fitness issues is not going to be extended, it is salary being consumed within the cap that isn't being well used. Did he get on yesterday? If I were a Saints fan I would be very frustrated that once again he is a well paid player who isn't contributing on the pitch. You have to question the fitness regimes he is into and the constant bulking up, does that impact hs overall condition? If I were him, I would focus on Saints.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:22:20 PM by RBB »

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 05:53:11 PM »
Raggs/VV/..how do i add an image, I will post the article.

Using the insert image just drops in some txt.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 05:57:33 PM »
He has a quality about him in interview that most sportsmen have, a sort of single mindedness that borders solipsism. He hides it a bit less than most, but he covers it up with a bit of self deprecating humour. I don't honestly think there is any malice in what he says, and if I were at the end of an international rugby career and looking for media opportunities I would be a little blunter than I would at the beginning of my career. His return to Wasps heralded the start of what has been a fine era for the club, and in his career.  I wish him well....

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 06:11:14 PM »
I may have come across as a bit harsh, I have no issue with what he is doing - he is setting himself up to earn a decent living after rugby. I just think he should leave Wasps alone and focus on himself. And, if you listen to Joe's House of Rugby (Podcast) where he regularly doubles up with Tindall, it is laugh out loud funny. It can be found on Youtube as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6aJPU2pylM.

There you go Hask, free publicity ;)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 06:12:46 PM »
He has a quality about him in interview that most sportsmen have, a sort of single mindedness that borders solipsism. He hides it a bit less than most, but he covers it up with a bit of self deprecating humour. I don't honestly think there is any malice in what he says, and if I were at the end of an international rugby career and looking for media opportunities I would be a little blunter than I would at the beginning of my career. His return to Wasps heralded the start of what has been a fine era for the club, and in his career.  I wish him well....

I doff my hat to you sir.. "solipsism". I had to look that up.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »
I may have come across as a bit harsh, I have no issue with what he is doing - he is setting himself up to earn a decent living after rugby. I just think he should leave Wasps alone and focus on himself. And, if you listen to Joe's House of Rugby (Podcast) where he regularly doubles up with Tindall, it is laugh out loud funny. It can be found on Youtube as well https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6aJPU2pylM.

There you go Hask, free publicity ;)

The Christmas one was particularly good, although Hask had a few beers during the recording which may have helped.😂😂

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 09:41:58 PM »

I doff my hat to you sir.. "solipsism". I had to look that up.

I write a lot of reports at school and I often get comments regarding being sponsored by a dictionary........truth be told I can't spell very well and have learnt a lot of unusual words to circumvent spelling more common ones.