Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Training Facility Article  (Read 5717 times)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Training Facility Article
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 06:06:30 PM »
First visit to the ricoh was as a friend of a player (technically friend of family of a player, but same thing). Didn't get the wristbands organised, but even without that, the bar manager arranged for me to be in the players lounge with all their family. I'm with VV in wondering what else is expected. Decent enough seats, private bar, relatively private area after the game.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2019, 07:27:49 PM »
They were also unhappy about the lack of provision for wives/partners/family at the home matches. The focus was very much on corporate ££££.

There was also comments about the food or lack of, but that I find hard to believe, given how good Abi is.

Hi John, I got to visit the players lounge after a game at the start of last season and it seemed perfectly nice to me.  I'm not sure what other clubs provide, but it was private, spacious, clean and well presented, lots of food that certainly looked good to me. Interestingly the one thing that wasn't there was James Haskell...

I'm not really sure what else they should be providing for players' friends and family at games.

Martin, what you witnessed was following the uprising.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 07:45:18 PM »
They were also unhappy about the lack of provision for wives/partners/family at the home matches. The focus was very much on corporate ££££.

There was also comments about the food or lack of, but that I find hard to believe, given how good Abi is.

Hi John, I got to visit the players lounge after a game at the start of last season and it seemed perfectly nice to me.  I'm not sure what other clubs provide, but it was private, spacious, clean and well presented, lots of food that certainly looked good to me. Interestingly the one thing that wasn't there was James Haskell...

I'm not really sure what else they should be providing for players' friends and family at games.

Martin, what you witnessed was following the uprising.

Fairly sure when I went was before it.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 07:45:54 PM »
When was the letter written?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2019, 10:54:13 PM »
When was the letter written?

During the 16/17 season. Said player left Wasps in May 2017.